Summer of 2007 Player Signings

beliveau1

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Simon Gamache.

Posted 17/6/2007: Simon Gamache (F)

From SC Bern to Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)

Added By: Dan Sgambelluri, Status: Confirmed

Signs with team.

source: eurohockey.net

2005-'06

St. Louis Blues, 15GP 3G 4A 7PTS (+1)

Milwaukee Admirals (AHL), 39GP 18-18-36 (-2)

2006-'07

SC Bern Nationalliga A, 44GP 20G-46A-66 PTS

Le portier canadien Sébastien Caron a signé un contract pour la saison 2007-08

Le HC Fribourg-Gottéron SA a conclu aujourd’hui une entente portant sur la saison 2007/2008 avec le gardien canadien Sébastien Caron (25.06.1980).

Ayant joué la plupart de ses matchs de la saison dernière avec les Pirates de Portland (moyenne de buts encaissés de 2.34 par match), Caron a été rappelé par Anaheim le 23 mars 2007 et a ainsi pu fêter la victoire en Coupe Stanley avec les Ducks...

source: fribourg-gotteron.ch

there was no chances that caron could have played regularly in the NHL...good for him, should be a great experience.

You see JMMR. Walker gest 2.5M, Higgins can easily make more on the open market. I could see:

Year 1 - 2.5M

Year 2 - 3M

Year 3 - 3.5M

Year 4 - 4M

Year 5 - 4.5M

Year 6 - 5M

It would probably be a good gamble (like what NYI did with DiPietro) by Year 6, 5M will not be overpayment. Look at Smyth getting 5.75 now.

NATHAN HORTON AGREES TO 6 YEAR CONTRACT WITH FLORIDA FOR 24 MILLION (6 PER)

Argh, I hate caps lock and I'm not retyping it.

6 million? Hartnell and Timonen and now Horton? Long term (6 year) contracts seem to be the norm at the moment.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

NATHAN HORTON AGREES TO 6 YEAR CONTRACT WITH FLORIDA FOR 24 MILLION (6 PER)

Argh, I hate caps lock and I'm not retyping it.

6 million? Hartnell and Timonen and now Horton? Long term (6 year) contracts seem to be the norm at the moment.

Don't you mean four million? 24 divided by six is four...

Posted 21/6/2007:

Andre Benoit (D)

From Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) to Tappara Tampere

Added By: Davide Tuniz, Status: Confirmed

Wow. I actually think the long-term contracts are the way to go. Sure you can get caugth with a huge salary on your hands but that's only if it's REALLY huge. With Rivet getting paid 3.25 x 4 how can Samsonov is no longer untradeable at 3.5 x 1. In 6 years a guy making 4M will be a 3rd liner so the cost won't matter much.

Wow. I actually think the long-term contracts are the way to go. Sure you can get caugth with a huge salary on your hands but that's only if it's REALLY huge. With Rivet getting paid 3.25 x 4 how can Samsonov is no longer untradeable at 3.5 x 1. In 6 years a guy making 4M will be a 3rd liner so the cost won't matter much.

long term contracts will come back and bite the GMs in the ass. dont you think that gainey wished he only signed kovy for two years ??

yashin for 10....

Posted 21/6/2007: Sebastien Caron (G)

From Portland Pirates (AHL) to HC Fribourg-Gottéron

source: fribourg-gotteron.ch

And Fribourg's #1 from last year goes back the other way.

Posted 21/6/2007: Adam Munro (G)

From HC Fribourg-Gottéron to Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)

Edmonton fans are going to be pissed if Calgary signs Smitty to 6 years. The fourth period draft journal has this rumour and I believe it. Maybe Tanguay is coming to us so they can absorb Smyth. I realize this is rumour but it's too hot to go into the signings thread.

Oh yeah, Sens re-signed McAmmond.

Again? :P

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Edmonton fans are going to be pissed if Calgary signs Smitty to 6 years. The fourth period draft journal has this rumour and I believe it. Maybe Tanguay is coming to us so they can absorb Smyth. I realize this is rumour but it's too hot to go into the signings thread.

With Hammer and Stuart leaving, Calgary will have enough room to take Smyth without dealing anyone. The media is still speculating though that Lombardi or Huselius could be dealt to bring in a d-man. I wouldn't hold out hope for Tanguay.

Again?:P

Again? What do you mean again?

It was just announced today...