Who do you want the habs to take with the two first rounders?

Habitforming

Deal or no Deal?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the habs will make a deal involving the 2 first round picks?

• They will trade both picks and a prospect to move up in position
    • They will trade the 2 picks only to move up in position
    • They will trade both picks and a player for a #1 Centre
    • They will trade both picks and a player for a top 4 Defenseman
    • They won't make any deals and draft in the 12th and 22nd positions
    • Not sure what will happen, but something is going on

Assuming the Canadiens keep both first round picks, who do you want the Habs to take?

(Try to keep it realistic, there is no way we get Kane and Turris :D )

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unl;es it's for a stud on D like alzner seems to be, I don't see why montreal would move up. then again, they know these guys way more then I do.

I'd love another Dman like petrecki but I don't know if he'll be available.

and if they trade their 2nd pick, I hope it'll be worth it. no need to spoil a first round pick on a guy who's going to be UFA by the end of the season.

unl;es it's for a stud on D like alzner seems to be, I don't see why montreal would move up. then again, they know these guys way more then I do.

I'd love another Dman like petrecki but I don't know if he'll be available.

and if they trade their 2nd pick, I hope it'll be worth it. no need to spoil a first round pick on a guy who's going to be UFA by the end of the season.

I think if they move up it won't be for a Dman of any kind. Management has done a great job of drafting Fischer, Carle, O'Byrne,Valentenko, Emelin and while a few are ready now, most will be in a year or more so there is no real pressing need at the moment. If they do move up it has to be to address the centre position and our overall lack of elite skill there. Moving into the top7 or so would give us the opportunity to get a potential stud a C. it just depends on how high they can get without giving up the farm.

Didnt want to make another tread about the upcoming draft, but on this site you can find videofootage of all the guys.

Merci Dutchie.

I want whoever our scouting team wants. They have been doing a fantastic job.

Interesting little videos on that site ... too bad you can't tell who the actual player is half the time.

I'd actually wish the Habs would trade the two picks and try to move up.

I think the Calder Cup win proves we have plenty of quality depth prospects. What we lack now is bluechippers. Guys who can be in the league elite.

First choice would be Alzner because he's the best D in the draft, otherwise I'd settle for the best raw talent forward.

I'd actually wish the Habs would trade the two picks and try to move up.

I think the Calder Cup win proves we have plenty of quality depth prospects. What we lack now is bluechippers. Guys who can be in the league elite.

First choice would be Alzner because he's the best D in the draft, otherwise I'd settle for the best raw talent forward.

This kind of statement is where I'm torn. Alzner is a great prospect but you would have to be in the top 5 to get him, and this is where I have an issue. If your in the top 5 you can pick an elite level forward, so why waste (not a waste but you know what I mean) the pick on a Dman that is down on our depth charts and at least 2-4 years away learning the toughest position in hockey?

Karl Alzner or Keaton Ellerby with the first pick

although I do like the idea of trading both pick and a prospect to move up. (btw i didnt vote for that)

Edited by Shu

Karl Alzner or Keaton Ellerby with the first pick

although I do like the idea of trading both pick and a prospect to move up. (btw i didnt vote for that)

I'd love to get either one of those two d men or better yet forward Sam Gagner but I feel they'll be long gone before we pick.

Guys who I'd target if available:

1st rd.

Logan Couture

Angelo Esposito

Kevin Shattenkirk

Zach Hamill

David Perron

2nd rd.

Michal Repik- Getting this guy would be amazing. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes late 1st rd.

Kevin Veilleux

Kevin Marshall

Alex Plante

3rd rd.

Mark Katic

Olivier Fortier

I'm sticking to my game plan right from the start. We need a #1 center; with proven winning traditions. So. Trade both first picks plus some talent from the farm for a PROVEN scoring, playmaking, winning threat. That will step in and up to the habs #1 line.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

I'm sticking to my game plan right from the start. We need a #1 center; with proven winning traditions. So. Trade both first picks plus some talent from the farm for a PROVEN scoring, playmaking, winning threat. That will step in and up to the habs #1 line.

GO HABS GO!

You can get one of those guys via UFA, and keep your youngsters...right?

You can get one of those guys via UFA, and keep your youngsters...right?

You can, if they are available. Not so much this offseason.

The proven guys I think he is referring to are the Lecavalier, Richards, Marleau, Thornton (good god no!) etc etc type players.

I would not sign or trade the farm for anyone of the UFA centres this year. I would get guys like Stumpel before I give Briere or Gomez $7M+ per season.

But that's just me.

You can, if they are available. Not so much this offseason.

The proven guys I think he is referring to are the Lecavalier, Richards, Marleau, Thornton (good god no!) etc etc type players.

I would not sign or trade the farm for anyone of the UFA centres this year. I would get guys like Stumpel before I give Briere or Gomez $7M+ per season.

But that's just me.

Yes, a blockbuster deal for players like Lecavalier, Richards, Staal... type of players that can be game breakers... who can win a game in a single shift!

Nevertheless, there is much to be said about the character of a team thats built from ground up. The Hamilton bulldogs are such a team with a great cast of characters. We need that kind of stability with a superstar or two, that will perform every game. Not like in the past, when players take a game or two or a week off. Thats over and done with in the past! Anymore of that crap they they are out! We should take no prisoners, everyone plays, everyone gives it their all and everything is left on the ice.

GO HABS GO!

Yes, a blockbuster deal for players like Lecavalier, Richards, Staal... type of players that can be game breakers... who can win a game in a single shift!

Nevertheless, there is much to be said about the character of a team thats built from ground up. The Hamilton bulldogs are such a team with a great cast of characters. We need that kind of stability with a superstar or two, that will perform every game. Not like in the past, when players take a game or two or a week off. Thats over and done with in the past! Anymore of that crap they they are out! We should take no prisoners, everyone plays, everyone gives it their all and everything is left on the ice.

GO HABS GO!

Whne Carbo gets canned (maybe in years, maybe this year) I vote YOU for new head coach.

5965_1.jpg

(*)That kid on the left looks pretty good in the blue blanc rouge.

Habs invite local prospects to Bell Centre in preparation for 2007 NHL Draft

(*) Bob!

:P

Espositio's "goosebumps" will wear off quickly if he plays like Ribeiro and the fans treat him the same. His uncle's Phil and Tony can't help him there. (I know he isn't related to either NHL star but he does have uncle's named Phil and Tony....how bizzare is that?)

Edited by Habitforming

I would go with the picks, and the picks that have the best offensive talent and heart.

I would go for David Perron, i like his style, very good offensive instincts, good skating, hustle a lot.

I think of Jim O'brien, 2 years to go in University, 1 year pro.

In my opinion this years draft is somewhat hard to predict. Many player with equal talent. So I don't see any reason to move up.

Pick 22 might be as good as pick 12.

I voted to bring in another defenceman by trade. I'm not too worried about the forward lines.

For a defenceman, I'd take Tommy Cross.

If we're looking at forwards, Mayorov looks like a great pick at #12. There's also Joakim Andersson, Mikael Backlund, Brett MacLean (another Gui) and Dana Tyrell.

For a defenceman, I'd take Tommy Cross.

If we're looking at forwards, Mayorov looks like a great pick at #12. There's also Joakim Andersson, Mikael Backlund, Brett MacLean (another Gui) and Dana Tyrell.

Good Idea naming a D and a few forwards for picks.

I would take Backlund for my first pick if still available at 12th if he is gone then Logan Couture; but I think we will be moving up (likely to take Esposito even though we probably wouldn't need to move up to get him) by chance both are gone I'd move to Lars Eller.

For D, Petrecki no doubt about it. If he is gone I'd take a gamble on a project player like Alex Plante.

Edited by Habitforming