Adrian Aucoin To Calgary

jetsniper

it's kind of odd that we don't know exactly who's going to chicago. hamrlik maybe...

His contract is up though, you think Chicago would actually want to re-sign him? I'd say he's deserving of about what they were paying Aucoin.

It's probably just a couple draft picks and a prospect or something, Aucoin's stock isn't exactly high right now.

So whats the top 6 now, rumor is both Hamrlik and Stuart are gonna walk.

Aucoin - Phaneuf

Zyuzin - Regehr

Warrener - ???? (Little Regehr, I'd imagine)

Lets hope they plan on bringing in some more defensive help (or atleast re-sign Roman. Stuart seems to be as good as gone)

So whats the top 6 now, rumor is both Hamrlik and Stuart are gonna walk.

Aucoin - Phaneuf

Zyuzin - Regehr

Warrener - ???? (Little Regehr, I'd imagine)

Lets hope they plan on bringing in some more defensive help (or atleast re-sign Roman. Stuart seems to be as good as gone)

Little Regehr went to Germany. I'm pretty sure. Giordano? It's for a draft pick(Warrener or Hale could be a part of the deal) but the deal can't be finalized until tomorrow so that's why it hasn't been made official. Aucoin at 4 mill a year will eat a chunk of their cap space and Aucoin is quite injury prone. Seeing as Aucoin was a bigger piece to our team in the Keenan days, this move have Keenan written all over it. :lol:

Nothings been said about Regehr in the papers so I doubt he went to Germany. He was coming along well and was definitely in Calgary's future plans. I doubt they'd let him go to Germany and if they did, then they are REALLY stupid.

Nothings been said about Regehr in the papers so I doubt he went to Germany. He was coming along well and was definitely in Calgary's future plans. I doubt they'd let him go to Germany and if they did, then they are REALLY stupid.

I guess it didn't actually happen. On Calgarypuck, there was a thread on it and rumours around some german team signing him. I guess nothing's happened. :unsure:

Phaneuf is a RFA or is he signed?

He has one year left of his rookie contract.

its zyuzin going to chicago

Hahaha, thats funny. My sister and brother-in-law hated him. Good trade, I'd have to say. Depends if Aucoin can pick his game up though.

I'm not sure the Flames will make the playoffs next year...

They lost Kobasew, Stuart, Hamrlik and Zyuzin and gained (so far) Aucoin who is at the moment considered dead weight.

I'm sure Sutter will look around for a new face or two but if they were the 8th seed last year, I can't see them doing any better this year with the current line-up they have.

They were the 8th seed because they horribly underachieved.

This is a 2-4 seed team losing talent that should be about a 6 seed next year if they get their shit together. They'll make the playoffs though, they've got all their big guns playing in a contract year.

Easy Rider, why would they get rid of Kipprussoff? He's possibly more valuable than even Iginla.

Easy Rider, why would they get rid of Kipprussoff? He's possibly more valuable than even Iginla.

I sense a bias. Usually happens when the ultra-offensive "red neck" is used. Unless of course he just means it as a Keenan/Sutter thing and not a Calgary thing.

Which still doesn't make sense since Sutter developed Kipper in San Jose, knew what he had and then traded for Kipper himself when Sutter came to Calgary.

Gotta love flawed logic.

I think id like this deal a whole lot more if Aucoin were only signed for 1 year. I dislike the idea of overpaying for an Uncertainty.. we all ready have warrener dammit.. who is rumoured to be sitting out this year. I dont hate the Keenan move.. last season was full of disapointment and the players wernt motivated. In the past it appears that when given a good team mike keenan has considerable sucess but when given a bad team disaster. What kind of team are the flames?

Tanguay - Lombardi - Iginla

Huselius - Langkow - (UFA)

Primeau - Conroy - Moss

Nilson - Yelle - Prust

Phaneuf - (UFA)

Regher - Aucoin

Hale - Giordano/Warrener