Will Facebook be sold?

JoeLassister

Facebook And Yahoo In Acquisition Talks for $1 billion?

The Wall Street Journal is reporting (behind their damn paywall) that “people familiar with the matter” are saying that the company has had separate acquisition discussions with Yahoo, Microsoft and Viacom over the last year, and that they are again in serious discussions with Yahoo for around $1 billion.

That's a lot of money !!! Do you use Facebook guys. I do.

I was just thinking Yahoo might because Google made a huge acquisition last year. I think Facebook would get whoever buys it even richer than they already are - 95% of people under the age of 20 use it. I'm one of the exceptions who don't though because I hate being in pictures so there aren't many of me and even less good ones.

This is old news. He rejected the 1 000 000 000$ offer from Yahoo. Notice the date is in 2006.

And? since 2006, there are so much people using facebook, this concept got to worth a lot more now...

Also, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss always claimed that the creator stole their code from ConnectU when they attended Harvard.

I guess Mark Zuckerberg could easily sell his Facebook to yahoo or google and give a % to the brothers...

That article isn't even about the first time someone tried to buy Facebook.

It won't be sold, people aren't happy with it right now as is. Give it to a big name corporation and people will be even more unhappy. A lot of the Youtube community is still pissed about the Google sale.

Basically, Facebook won't be sold. Not if they want to keep their members anyway.

why sell it? Look at how crappy myspace is.

Thats because every 14 year old girl thinks they're a friggin web designer on that site. Making everything fully customizable was probably the stupidest decision in the world, some of those profiles are FUG-LY.

Yah I remember when those negotiations were going on and Mark Zuckerberg announced that he felt facebook was worth well over 2 billion dollars. Eventually someone will pony up the money and buy it from him because its possibly one of the greatest market research tools on the internet. The future buyer has so much potential to sell information to companies around the world based on the data facebook helps to generate.

Yah I remember when those negotiations were going on and Mark Zuckerberg announced that he felt facebook was worth well over 2 billion dollars. Eventually someone will pony up the money and buy it from him because its possibly one of the greatest market research tools on the internet. The future buyer has so much potential to sell information to companies around the world based on the data facebook helps to generate.

sadly true...