Koivu

Its amazing that he played through all that. Remember how the Bruins had the Thornton-injury excuse? Turns out Koivu had worse injuries... but did he complain? nope...

I gained alot of respect for Saku the "player" these playoffs. I already had loads of respect for Saku the "person". Thats not to say that I never liked the guy before, because I did...

I Love the guy as well.....He's by far my favorite player!!

And those who say he's not a good captain dont have a clue about Hockey!.....

Saku Koivu is a warrior, with Great Skill and makes the players around him much better...What more can you ask for in a Captain?!?!?

:ghg:

Koivu still does not get the respect he deserves. As I noted in my post on Al Strachan, that idiot wrote that K is not an outstanding talent because he has been slowed by his lack of size and his knee injuries. I bet most NHL players wouldn't mind being slowed to a point a game pace in the play-offs. The job he did against Thorton was amazing. From the Bruins excuses; from K nothing but grit and production.

:hlogo:

PMac

After this season even I won't say anything negative about Koivu.

He played like a MVP and with Kovalev on his side many things worked out for him.

And maybe that's what has been missing. A goalscorer on Koivus side.

Zednik may be good but Kovalev may be the difference.