Habs assistant coaches have great record!

REV-G

At this point in season, even though it's still early, it seems that if the trend continues the Habs have upgraded in a lot of areas. Some of the credit is with some of the new players brought in but we have to give credit to the assistant coaches as well. Out of the 30 NHL teams the Habs are today ranked 1st on the power play with an incredible 30.4% success rate and they are 5th on the penalty kill with a 78.7% success rate. I think overall Doug Jarvis and Kirk Muller have done a great job in teaching and preparing the special teams. They obviously have a plan that is working. Jarvis said last week that on the PP they have chosen to go with set lines instead of special units and I hear that other teams are starting to copy that practice. I think defensively we have improved as a team and our plus minus is much better than last year. I've read criticisms about some mistakes that Carboneau has made, but I believe this team of coaches are at this point doing a great job.

Hmmm....

a whole day and no comments...

too positive?

GO :hlogo: GO!

I don't think the coaching has changed much from last year. I think the message is sinking in FINALLY, play hard, play smart and you'll get the ice time.

If you don't, you'll be in the press box or looking for work.

It's refreshing to see.

But I do agree these coaches bring plenty of upgrades to all departments of the team.

At this point in season, even though it's still early, it seems that if the trend continues the Habs have upgraded in a lot of areas. Some of the credit is with some of the new players brought in but we have to give credit to the assistant coaches as well. Out of the 30 NHL teams the Habs are today ranked 1st on the power play with an incredible 30.4% success rate and they are 5th on the penalty kill with a 78.7% success rate. I think overall Doug Jarvis and Kirk Muller have done a great job in teaching and preparing the special teams. They obviously have a plan that is working. Jarvis said last week that on the PP they have chosen to go with set lines instead of special units and I hear that other teams are starting to copy that practice. I think defensively we have improved as a team and our plus minus is much better than last year. I've read criticisms about some mistakes that Carboneau has made, but I believe this team of coaches are at this point doing a great job.

Only thing is habs are not 5th on the PK they are 25th which is not all that great.

Let's wait and see. We've been fooled two years in a row, let's not get caught a third time.

Maybe these coaches have learned from their one year experience together. Coaches, good coaches continue to learn each and every year. This group seem to have the potential to be good coaches for a long time.