eMule - Canadiens games?

ch_nl

I won't be able to get any Canadiens games next season. My contact in Montreal will move to Sweden.

He's a vet. working at the hippodrome.

So... I was looking on the net after a way to see Canadiens games. I found eMule. A program that share tv-shows.

Then I came to think about it. Is there a soul out there willing to record the games that are being broadcasted in Canada and then share them via the eMule to us other Habs-fans not living in America?

It would be wonderful of some kind soul could ease the suffering of those of us who cannot see the Habs in action.

I haven't seen a live hockey telecast since the 2002 Olympic final and it took a lot of effort to find place in Dubai that was broadcasting the game. It was worth it though.

:hlogo: Pmac

[Edited on 2004/5/5 by PMAC]

Of course it would be a nice thing to international guests, and, might I point out that this is "Habs-World". However, the cost for something like that would be quite large, with words like "bandwidth" and "uploading" and "copyright infringement" are involved.

However, if the international viewers got together and donated sums of money during the year, or worked out a "10-game plan" (similar to ticket purchases), it could probably work out. As long as the money was paid, a "kind soul" would be more than willing to help out.

However, the legal issue of broadcasting something for profit, charitable or not, is another thing. Communication giants purchase the rights to games, so re-broadcasting would probably be an infringement.

I don't know much about eMule, it is probably something worth looking into though. Good find, ch_nl

I don't know how it's working in Canda but in Sweden we don't have a legislation about recording tv-shows and share them via internet.

It may be imoralic but not unlegal.

If someone is willing to help us non-americans I'm pretty sure we can arange some sort of payment.

I'd love to help, but I'm totally out on this one. Not only do I not want the broadcast corporations reaming my ass, but when my ISP finds out that I'm uploading about 100 gigs a month, they'll shit kick me.

The only thing I can think of is to round up as many people as you can and ask a broadcasting corporation (such as RDS or CBC) to get webcasting capabilities for their hockey games. Make sure you tell them that you'd be willing to pay a reasonable fee for this service (because it's expensive shit, and they won't want to lose money). Roger's Sportsnet had live Webcasts of Ottawa 67s games for the last part of the season and playoffs. They did it free for this season to test out the capabilites and quality (which were excellent), and they said that they might charge for it later on. So it is a possibility.

[Edited on 2004/5/6 by Toren]

I'd be willing to pay a "fair" amount of money as well to see more Canadiens games - but only if they are broadcasted live. 5-10 minutes delay wouldn't make the world go under, but a day or two...nah...it's just not the same thing...

Originally posted by ch_nl

I won't be able to get any Canadiens games next season. My contact in Montreal will move to Sweden.

He's a vet. working at the hippodrome.

So... I was looking on the net after a way to see Canadiens games. I found eMule. A program that share tv-shows.

Then I came to think about it. Is there a soul out there willing to record the games that are being broadcasted in Canada and then share them via the eMule to us other Habs-fans not living in America?

I never heard of emule, and I'm not great with computers but perhaps we can work something out? I trade tapes with people in Finland and Russia, so is there any way we could trade habs games for some SEL games? Just a thought, if not no big deal, I do know someone in Finland that gets Swedish games but he's very picky as to what NHL/AHL games he wants.

I have about 50 games on tape of Habs, habs prospects (most of my collection) and lots of '04 prospects as well. So I'm used to trading tapes often.