Pierre the Great

Oregon goes down to Arizona.

HOLY SHEETS

Your BCS Standings now look like this

1. LSU

2. Kansas

3. Oklahoma

4. Mizzou

Kansas plays Mizzou in the final game of the year. The winner plays Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship game, and the winner of that game plays in the National Championship.

no freaking way. Mizzou, national championship. football. The apocalypse is here.

its more of a disbelief. I mean i'm talking about Mizzou here the most sorriest unluckiest athletic department in college sports. UCLA vs Mizzou elite eight we were going to the final four until that guy ran up the court in five seconds. The 5th down versus Colorado, the overtime game vs. 1 Nebraska where the nebraska player kicks the ball and another cornhusker catches it.

you don't know how much societal pain one university sports program can put on a state.

But Mizzou very well can pull it off. Kansas has never been tested yet this year. It will be the game of the year. high powered offense vs. high power offense. The winner gets a BCS bid most likely loser gets cotton bowl. Then the winner plays oklahoma in Kansas City, MO. Neutral site, in the state of Missouri. Upsets have happened before in this game. Plus Mizzou didn't get killed by Oklahoma.

wow i'm shocked.

Kansas vs. Mizzou now decides who is number 2 in the national championship race (get the ticket)

Then the B12 championship game will be validating the ticket

no freaking way, this can't be possible.

lost for words over Mizzou and Kansas.

Truly shocking.

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Trotting off the field after a resounding, historic victory, Missouri players were serenaded by a group of shirtless, chest-painted Kansas State fans: "Beat KU! Beat KU! Beat KU!

After weeks of listening to the build up and trying not to look ahead, it was a sweet sound for the Tigers, who can finally shift their attention to next week's showdown with rival Kansas.

"A storm is coming," Missouri defensive tackle Lorenzo Williams said. "I don't know who's bringing it, but a storm is coming."

----

MY BCS prediction for tomorrow

1. LSU

2. Kansas

3. Mizzou

4. Ohio State

5. West Virginia

6. Georgia

7. Oklahoma

And remember the second spot in the BCS hasn't been very lucky this year and LSU is going to have to play one angry and on fire football team in Georgia for the SEC Championship.

We very well could see a Kansas-OSU or Mizzou-OSU championship or even more bizzarre we could have one of those Kansas vs. Mizzou re-matches again like last year and the whole michigan should of played osu in the finals baloney.

Edited by Pierre the Great

Well, everywhere you read, Tim Tebow is in most people's Top 3 canidates for the Heisman.

*ahem*

The white Vince Young may not be a great pro — I don't like his throwing motion — but Tebow is absolutely perfect for the college game, especially the spread offense. Tebow is an athletic freak. He's big and thick enough to play fullback. He's not an elusive runner, but he's the best "short yardage" quarterback in the history of the game. With a minimum of three games to play, Tebow is on pace to throw 25-30 TDs and run for 20-plus TDs. That is incredible! Vince Young had 26 and 12 during his remarkable senior season. Tebow is moving into uncharted territory. We've never seen a QB like him. He's going to throw for 3,000 yards. He'll lead the Gators in rushing and has an outside shot at cracking 1,000 yards. He's completed 67 percent of his passes and thrown just five INTs. He's doing it in the SEC. Wow.

well with the LSU loss

KU vs. Mizzou in the boder war ( i refuse to call it the 'border showdown' with the p.c. post 9-11 age, its historical kansas and missouri were at war with each other during the civil war, there was the missouri tigers and kansas jayhawks as guerrilla groups.)

anyway the winner of this game will be number 1 in the BCS and if West Virginia loses, Ohio State is number 2, Arizona State 3, Georgia 4.

• 2 weeks later...