Game Thread | Habs vs. Rangers | 30/12/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Guy has the good sense to double shift Kovy throughout the OT...and has the team playing all-out attack...sending the D-men with reckless abandon. Might as well go for it, and avoid the shootout one way or another.

Unfuggin believable................a 2 on 0 in OT

You blew it Guy! AGAIN! Not calling the guys over while we we're CLEARLY rattled/scrambling around. Ryder on the ice in OT? You blew that too Guy

game3-3rd.jpg

Canadiens pick up a point.

This time last year the Canadiens had begun their downward spiral.

This year they pick up 8 out of 12 points after a 6-game difficult road trip for 0.667!

Yes it sucks to have blown the loss like that, but all in all... i'd say not too bad.

Edited by Cataclaw

You blew it Guy! AGAIN! Not calling the guys over while we we're CLEARLY rattled/scrambling around. Ryder on the ice in OT? You blew that too Guy

Don't blame Carbo for the OT goal, and definitely dont blame him for Ryder being on the ice. He was rewarding and trying to jumpstart a guy who played VERY WELL tonight.

I agree that he blew it though, and it was with the 3rd period strategy. 3 shots. Deja FU^&ING Vu.

A rat learns quicker than him.

Actually Guy didn't blow it. Hammer and all of the forwards did. Hammer went too deep and no forwards covered him. Ryder had a good game, and it's important to get some fire power early in OT.

We got the point without Koivu. I do hope the team wotks on faceoffs during practice though.

Boys, I dont want to jink anything, but I have to say.. I dont have the "We're definitely gonna blow this lead" feeling, like I usually do, right now. Somehow, I feel better playing with a 1 goal lead, as opposed to 2 or 3. We seem to keep the pedal down.

You were saying?... :P

game3-3rd.jpg

Canadiens pick up a point.

This time last year the Canadiens had begun their downward spiral.

This year they pick up 8 out of 12 points after a 6-game difficult road trip for 0.667!

Yes it sucks to have blown the loss like that, but all in all... i'd say not too bad.

Agreed, Cata. I'm pissed at the way we lost, but optimistic overall. Inagine if we had Saks tonight.

You were saying?... :P

Yup. I know.

It looked at the time as though the boys would keep the pedal down. I should have known better. That being said, as soon as they tied it, I would have bet my left nut that we would lose.

Funny, Ryder was -1 2 PIM and had 1 shot on net but he had a good game.............I guess good is a relative term.

And funny just last week a few were also bitching about his play, yet to me he looked like the same guy we've seen all year.....

Lol, you guys are priceless. 5 of a possible 6 points returning after the break? I'll take that any day. Great game, entertained throughout. Higgins was a machine tonight, probably the best player on the ice.

That goal is Hamrlik's fault, but I won't hold it against him. Everyone makes mistakes, and last I checked, he doesn't make many.

Edited by ForumGhost

And that shot by Shanny looked alot like a couple that beat Huet in the shootout a while back. He didn't even move/react in the SO and got ROASTED, yet I'm hearing that Shanny never misses from that distance............

That is what I call an encouraging loss. They worked tonight. Yes, they do have a faceoff issue but they worked hard. They may have looked slow at times but in the 6th game on the road? Make no mistake that this team is and should be tired. They still skated with the Rangers tonight :clap: .

As a fan, I never like to lose of course but in case no one noticed...we went .75 on this trip. This OT gaffe I can forgive.

Hopefully we figure out playing at home. January is KEY!

Come home boys :hlogo: Good job.

Shybo.

The point is good, but maybe Carbo will learn something from this?

Two bad goals by Huet according to reports. Maybe he will learn something from this?

Good for the kids as well, overall. The key for the coaching staff is to keep the team upbeat, psychologically, heading into the New Year.

Damn I wish we had got Shanahan instead of them. Every time he scores it sticks in my throat.

Hopefully we figure out playing at home. January is KEY!

Come home boys :hlogo: Good job.

Well noted. Playing at home and January, so we can be the ones thinking about a playoff rental, not renting out.

Edited by tokyohabs

As a fan, I never like to lose of course but in case no one noticed...we went .75 on this trip. This OT gaffe I can forgive.

*slaps Athlétique* :lol:

Where do you get .75?

We went .500 for the first half of the road trip, .833 for the second half of the road trip, and .667 overall for the 6-game event.

I can forgive the OT gaffe as well. Hamrlik is, dare i say it, even more consistent than Markov (although Markov is still better overall due to other qualities he brings to the table)