Scott Rolen is a Blue Jay

Pierre the Great

Pending physicals, yes?

Even with the financial transaction included, you gotta think the Jays won this trade.

Yeah, the physicals are pretty much just a technicality. Great trade for the Jays. Glaus can be good, but Rolen is way more consistent and is a great defender.

every cardinals player seems to either come or go to the blue jays. So that means when Pujols gets old, he's going to Toronto.

Like who? I'm not to familiar with players former teams, so the only ones I'm aware of are Eckstein and now Rolen.

well there's a-rod but now that rolen and a-rod are in the same division... ny might lose its bias

are you serious? Arod is terrible defensively!

Alex Rodriguez has never won a gold glove at third base, while Rolen has won 7 of them. I dont think there's any argument here.

are you serious? Arod is terrible defensively!

Alex Rodriguez has never won a gold glove at third base, while Rolen has won 7 of them. I dont think there's any argument here.

Which is interesting, because he was great at shortstop. If not for Jeter's status as New York royalty, Jeter would be playing 3B and Arod would still be at short.

the whole thing really seems dependent on Rolen's ability to still play baseball at this point. Last season was a suck fest capped off by injury. If he is healed and age wasn't a major factor in his decline, it looks very good for the jays. Otherwise...

the whole thing really seems dependent on Rolen's ability to still play baseball at this point. Last season was a suck fest capped off by injury. If he is healed and age wasn't a major factor in his decline, it looks very good for the jays. Otherwise...

its not like we didnt give up an injury riddled player to get him though.

aye, pretty much a wash, though we'll see what Rolen does on artificial turf.

Yeah, but the Rogers Centre has field turf now which is MUCH better then the old artificial turf. Most ball players have no issue with the new stuff...by all accounts I've read anyways...

If anything, Glaus' injury issues would be more affected by turf too.

It's all going to come down to whether Rolen's surgery get's his bat back to where it was...even if it's 85% of the way to where he was he's probably an upgrade, and at least a wash, for the Jays.