Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 12/02/08

Cataclaw

Well, I am not going there.

We are exactly 1 week away from guys talking about 1st place, so a back to back sweep of the Flyers

will change the attitude again.

We all have fears because this team has had a tendency to pull this shit every year. But how can anybody

take any of us seriously when we panic every time they go on a losing streak.

Bruins lost so it looks like the Sabres could jump into 8th. Flyers also lost

It's not the fact that they lost that has got me mad as hell :angry: , it's the WAY THEY LOST! No effort, they didn't show up in the 2nd and 3rd periods(after 3 days rest).

Last nights game was a "fv.ck you" to all Habsfans. A nice BIG finger aimed right at us. They did't give a rats ass last night, and that's what's got me so riled up.

Had they given a solid effort, I would have been disappointed, but I wouldn't be as pissed off as I am this morning!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, its not the three game losing streak, it is the complete lack of effort and heart these guys show. they have a ton of talent and some nice goals, but if they don't work they suck.

Higgins gets a freeby and Streit make a nice pass.. after that they basically sat on their asses.

If they lost while putting in good efforts, if they only lost to the best teams, despite a solid effort, then I would not be worried. However, as soon as they got close to first, they folded... that worries me.

:clap::clap: Exactly what I was thinking! WEll said!

maybe partying until 3am isn't the best idea when you have important games coming up.

Oh no no no, don't dare suggest that here - after all, they're just young guys with lots of money, and this kind of routine has absolutely no effect on professional athletes. Or perhaps you are a fundamentalist Christian?

Damn, I almost get the impression that some of you have never had a night out partying and drinking with some friends.

Cause if you did you'd realize that 48 hours later, the partying and the booze don'T affect you anymore, especially not when you are in your 20's. It might still have an effect on you if youre in your 50's, but not when you are young.

Enough of this Fundamentalist Christian bull sh.it!

I guess i'm going to hell now!? :rolleyes:

All the good teams lost last night to what you would call weaker teams. At least we can say we're a part of that group.

Ottawa, Detroit, Philli, Boston, Montreal. It's our 1st three game losing streak this season. I still have high hopes the team will end strong. As pissed as I am about last nights loss I'm still enjoying this season.

The whole effort thing? It blows! The effort has been there in more games then not this year which is a step in the right direction compared to previous years.

If this team freefalls in the next 2 months than how can you not question the leadership? If it rebounds beginning tonight and goes on a strong playoff run

then all you Koivu apologists are Free to puff out your chests and say I told you so.

Oh we will. Our chests will be popping right through your computer screen. Don't you worry about that! ^_^

Oh we will. Our chests will be popping right through your computer screen. Don't you worry about that! ^_^

I look forward to it. There are times when I like to be wrong, and I am hoping this is one of them.

I also hope Huet can ascend to a higher level, I would enjoy eatting crow on that one as well.