Was an Innocent Pool Question. . .

JLP

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh eh eh eh eh

if the canucks and its fans (the ones that go into seizures after a bad period of play) were a person, they'd be in the mental hospital. That goes for Montreal too, except that's more of the media driven hysteria of the sky is falling.

Montreal has the most cups in league history.

Vancouver is tied for a rock bottom standing of ZERO cups.

yeah but anytime a hockey team has become a religion of some place. I'd step back. Then again i'm not a diehard and only watch passingly because I lost interest in sports a while ago as a day by day follow the team every waking second type of person. I only see myself going back to that after i have kids.

yeah but anytime a hockey team has become a religion of some place. I'd step back. Then again i'm not a diehard and only watch passingly because I lost interest in sports a while ago as a day by day follow the team every waking second type of person. I only see myself going back to that after i have kids.

An army of Pierres.

:?-

:blink:

:unsure:

:wacko:

When you're a die hard, it's so much more fun following the team and that much sweeter when they win. You might understand and figure out how blinded you've really been. Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha!

what's wrong with kids?

I haven't been a die hard since I was in high school a decade a go.

i'd love to be, but for the foreseeable future I've got a busy life going. Plus as I said countless of times, if I see a hockey game its going to be HNIC. I've sort of have a ritual going where I get all excited to watch the games.

what's wrong with kids?

I haven't been a die hard since I was in high school a decade a go.

i'd love to be, but for the foreseeable future I've got a busy life going. Plus as I said countless of times, if I see a hockey game its going to be HNIC. I've sort of have a ritual going where I get all excited to watch the games.

You failed to see what I really said mahn. ;)

Not a great start for the Avs. Down 1-0 to the Nucks.

Hopefully they turn it around quickly and take back the lead.

So typical. :lol:

3 straight unanswered goals for the Avs. Goals by Liles, Hejduk and Wolski!!!

Now for them to add and shut down the Nucks.

and i score

woot

life moves on people

lol

glad you're happy stealth

Not even I know anymore mahn.........

I am a fool to think such a decision would be so easy so I'm grieving right now big time.

I am an Avs fan though. That's what I stated this past weekend and I'm sticking with it now and into the future.

Time to start a brand new chapter!

*she left you for another man*

Yea....

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

GOOD BYE ######ED UP CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOO YEA!!!!!!!!!

Good news Pierre:

If your Nucks lose both of the last two games in regulation at least, Edmonton would move into 9th spot in the West. The 10th team in the East is Buffalo and all they'd have to do is win one more game. If all this happened, Vancouver would pick 11th overall in the draft. :o

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Looks like no one believes me..... quite sad.

I'm being 100% serious.

i believe

Believe what?

The Canucks making the playoffs? To me I could care less if they made it or not.

That team is way to demoralized to do anything now. They need to re-unite like they did last season when they were the league's hottest team to have any success. Vancouver is cursed and it doesn't matter what happens.... everything just goes wrong and defending them is sucking the life out of me. I might be back when they finally prove to their fans and especially me that they really know what they're doing. From the Bertuzzi fiasco to the constant run of injuries to whatever happens next and the fact it's just too good to be true that Vancouver will ACTUALLY solve it's problems would completely shock me.

I know Vancouver too well. We'd move up in this years draft to 1st overall. We'd take...........

A DEFENSEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I'm an Avs fan. I don't care if you guys believe me or not.

I needed to say more. Sorry guys. :(

And to finally answer the question that started this thread: Since the thread was started on the morning of March 3rd, Forsberg has tallied 1G and 13A for 14 Pts. Sakic has 4G and 11A for 15 Pts.

The Sakics pull out a narrow victory. :clap:

With that said...

I'd still take Forsberg every time.

He actually played in 9 games, as opposed to Sakic's 16 since March 3rd. That puts Forsberg at a 1.56 point per game pace. In the last four games he's played, his point totals are 3,3,2,3. Stellar.

Let's do the math:

If Forsberg only played 9 out of every 16 game (56.25% of games, or about 46 games), then he would STILL score around 71-72 points (9-10 G and 62-63 A). Note: Crosby put up 72 points this year, and it took him, supposedly the best in the game right now, 53 games.

Hypothetically, if Forsberg played a full season at that pace (it's a pipe-dream to think he'd be healthy for 82 straight games, but for the sake of argument), he would score something on the order of about 125-130 points, probably nearing 100 assists. (Ovechkin finished the year with the most points this year with 112... Forbserg, in theory, couldbe capable of almost matching that in assists only.)

Say what you will about him being injury prone and all of that, most of it is true, he is injured a lot.The bottom line is that the guy makes things happen. He's still a MAJOR force. He's still an asset to any team, and his production at the end of this season has shown, not only is he not a liability, he's a serious component to the success of any team he plays for. Anybody who still wants to say that they don't want Forsberg is just ignoring the facts. If he plays more than 55 or 60 games in any season from here on out, he's in any respectable Hart trophy discussion. His injury status is now the only debate, not his ability.

Flyersfan: "Guess how many finger I'm holding up." -Drew Carey

Edited by Mils

And to finally answer the question that started this thread: Since the thread was started on the morning of March 3rd, Forsberg has tallied 1G and 13A for 14 Pts. Sakic has 4G and 11A for 15 Pts.

The Sakics pull out a narrow victory. :clap:

With that said...

I'd still take Forsberg every time.

He actually played in 9 games, as opposed to Sakic's 16 since March 3rd. That puts Forsberg at a 1.56 point per game pace. In the last four games he's played, his point totals are 3,3,2,3. Stellar.

Let's do the math:

If Forsberg only played 9 out of every 16 game (56.25% of games, or about 46 games), then he would STILL score around 71-72 points (9-10 G and 62-63 A). Note: Crosby put up 72 points this year, and it took him, supposedly the best in the game right now, 53 games.

Hypothetically, if Forsberg played a full season at that pace (it's a pipe-dream to think he'd be healthy for 82 straight games, but for the sake of argument), he would score something on the order of about 125-130 points, probably nearing 100 assists. (Ovechkin finished the year with the most points this year with 112... Forbserg, in theory, couldbe capable of almost matching that in assists only.)

Say what you will about him being injury prone and all of that, most of it is true, he is injured a lot.The bottom line is that the guy makes things happen. He's still a MAJOR force. He's still an asset to any team, and his production at the end of this season has shown, not only is he not a liability, he's a serious component to the success of any team he plays for. Anybody who still wants to say that they don't want Forsberg is just ignoring the facts. If he plays more than 55 or 60 games in any season from here on out, he's in any respectable Hart trophy discussion.

I hope for Foppa's sake he doesn't meet you in person! I kid of course Mils. ;)

Foppa and Sakic are great players. I agree with everything you just said, but it's still too bad how injury prone the guy can be because his current situation can also have a negative affect on the team with him always in and out of the lineup. Nonetheless, for a hockey pool you have to take Foppa because he does indeed makes stuff happen and points up the points. Sakic's the clutch one and having them together is certainly a gigantic treat for Avs fans all over the world.

Now for those two to lead this team to a 3rd cup!!!!!! Wolski and Staz putting up insane numbers too. ;)