Was an Innocent Pool Question. . .

JLP

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my dad flipped to Sportsnet and they were showing the replay of the goal that tied. Like a minute later of something, Phaneuf slams one home for the 3-2 lead.

Grabner and Hansen are frikking ripping it up. CALL ONE OF THEM UP YOU IDIOTS!

I feel better.

2 min PP. Watch us blow it.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

I'm not going to use excuses. They should have still won this game.

Life goes on.

Flames played really physical which is good news for the Avs. Now a tired Canuck team has to fly into the thin air of Denver to play a rested Avs team.

I hope, hope, hope, hope we win tomorrow especially since Columbus didn't do their job tonight.

Flames played really physical which is good news for the Avs. Now a tired Canuck team has to fly into the thin air of Denver to play a rested Avs team.

I hope, hope, hope, hope we win tomorrow especially since Columbus didn't do their job tonight.

Considering Mitch is playig with the flu and apparently the Flames had played amazing in the 2nd half of the game, I bank on you guys winning. Shannon can't play the kind of game we need him to play on the wing and he probably just played himself off the team again. This team needs to call up it's youth but I've always been dumbfounded in how this organization treats it's skilled youngsters.

I feel like you did when you guys lost to them last week. This is painful.

losing is a part of life. life sucks.

Yep. Oh well. I don't even know what to expect anymore. I'm way too emotionally attached to this team.

I need a break.

If we can win that game against Edmonton and then one of the other games, I think we can safely book our ticket to the playoffs. If we lose to Edmonton in Denver then we probably need to win 3 games.

You being an Avs fan will not even come close to understanding how I feel right now.

easy, get a gf lol

pick up marathon running or something nutty.

Do you actually even have a gf? Seems like you're sleeping around with the seven dwarves.

Uh, ok? Care to explain what that means?

Is it really so hard? You've got to experience your team winning a Stanley Cup(s). Dunno on the first one but I'm sure you remember something about it back then if you were a fan then in 96. Colorado's been such a dominant team with great players and the organization is so well regarded it's I dunno, amazing for Avs fans. The amount of winning seasons and such, yea it's been tough recently but nonetheless, the Avs are a great team that I'm jealous.

What have I got to take pride in? 38 years in this league and the team has never won a freaking cup. Our amount of losing seasons is just terrible. Our history is so freaking pathetic. I love Linden and company to no ends but our history is by FAR the sadest in the NHL and the first thing people think about when they hear "Canucks" it's the freaking Bertuzzi fiasco which destroyed whatever success we were building. Our fans are quite well known as being bandwagoners and yea you could make the case every city has them, but as much as I hate people saying it, it's true. I barely know any Canuck fans that even know what they're talking about when it comes to hockey it's sad and pathetic. I laugh at how stupid they can be in my head. I will be realistic though, this team does have a lot of respectable fans. Lastly this organization's drafting of young skilled talent flat out sucks balls. I've had to watch this team screw up numerous times. I absolutely hate it when rival fans use the excuse of no cups because it's so freaking true. This organization stinks and our conditioning program sucks big time. How many injury prone teams have our teams been? There's something immensely wrong with it. I'm ashamed to even wear Vancouver gear out in public because well, we suck. Our freaking jersies and shit continue to change like a revolving door and we really have no IDENTITY. WHAT MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID? I COULD GO ON FOR BLOODY HOURS ON HOW PATHETIC THIS TEAM IS BUT I WON'T BECAUSE THEY SUCK SO MUCH IT'S NOT EVEN WORTH GOING INTO WORDS ABOUT IT. THEY SUCK SO BAD AND FALTER AT CRITICAL TIMES CONTINOUSLY THAT I AM ABOUT TO MENTALLY IMPLODE AS I TYPE THIS. HOW I CAN BE A FAN OF THIS PATHETIC SAD SACK ORGANIZATION IS ABSOLUTEY DUMBFOUNDING!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so much better now.

Well we're both struggling to make the playoffs right now and playing like crap but I guess you're right.

(I was a fan of the Avalanche before their 1996 Cup win so yeah, I've seen them win twice. Just to clarify)

Well we're both struggling to make the playoffs right now and playing like crap but I guess you're right.

(I was a fan of the Avalanche before their 1996 Cup win so yeah, I've seen them win twice. Just to clarify)

I figured so. I started being a fan back in 1998. Right now I wish that never happened.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is Pierre telling me why he moved out here. Apparently people like him in Missouri are destined to marry fat chicks. So he moved out here in hopes of a better life. :lol:

I figured so. I started being a fan back in 1998. Right now I wish that never happened.

Well I mean, I didn't get to see a lot of the playoff games. I had a shitty bedtime when I was 9 and was usually in bed during the second period of most of the playoff games.

In 2001 I saw every single game with the exception of Games 2-4 of the Western Conference Finals, I was on a school bike trip in Kettle Valley. Kinda regret that bike trip now.

Holy shit, I just went to TSN and noticed the Colorado game is on TV. I don't know if I'll watch it though, the last 3 Avs games that I've watched, we've totally sucked. I may just listen to it on the radio.

superstitions are silly

I declared that to myself today. No more dumb superstitions for me starting now.

I declared that to myself today. No more dumb superstitions for me starting now.

They obviously never work (sorry to any shaman I may have offended with this post) but they're still fun to hear about/do.

They obviously never work (sorry to any shaman I may have offended with this post) but they're still fun to hear about/do.

I have WAAAAAAAY too many.

Some of them you'd guys would probably find funny. So I'm not even going to mention them. ;)