ECHL Finals - Cincinnati Cyclones

Let me guess. The Cyclones are the Habbies ECHL affiliate?

:P

Let me guess. The Cyclones are the Habbies ECHL affiliate?

:P

YUP.

I am probably the only one following them on this board. Desjardins is another of the line of good goalies in the Habs future.

YUP.

I am probably the only one following them on this board. Desjardins is another of the line of good goalies in the Habs future.

no he's not.

he's already 22 and he's still in the echl. he will be a career minor-leaguer which is alright, still make good money and to play hockey.

• 2 weeks later...
no he's not.

he's already 22 and he's still in the echl. he will be a career minor-leaguer which is alright, still make good money and to play hockey.

22 is not old unless you are 12 ! Then yes that would be old. :lol:

Well after defeating the South Carolina Stingrays in 5 games, it is now time for the LasVegas Wranglers to start losing on May 24th. This is a fun team to listen too as they give everything in each game and well, my interest in the NHL is limited now as the Habs and AVS are out.

Go CYCLONES Go!

aubin4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cyclones won the league title yesterday, winning 3-1 over Las Vegas in Game 6. Cedrick Desjardins was named Kelly Cup MVP. It'll be interesting to see if he now gets a 2-way NHL/AHL deal (he's technically not under contract with the Habs) after his strong season. David Desharnais (also not under contract directly with Montreal) led all skaters in scoring (22 GP-9-24-33), 11 points more than any other player.

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/game-summ...hp?game_id=5345

Cyclones won the league title yesterday, winning 3-1 over Las Vegas in Game 6. Cedrick Desjardins was named Kelly Cup MVP. It'll be interesting to see if he now gets a 2-way NHL/AHL deal (he's technically not under contract with the Habs) after his strong season. David Desharnais (also not under contract directly with Montreal) led all skaters in scoring (22 GP-9-24-33), 11 points more than any other player.

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/game-summ...hp?game_id=5345

WooHoo!!!

I listened to the game and didn't post in this thread any more as I thought no one was interested. I was mad in the second period when the Refs put Cyclones short 6 penalties in a row. And the multiple 5 on threes grrrr..... Desjardins played great and is a worthy winner of MVP.

Now my hockey fix is lacking as Habs, Bulldogs, AVS were so long ago gone...

Now it is Draft Habs Draft time!!!!!

WooHoo!!!

I listened to the game and didn't post in this thread any more as I thought no one was interested. I was mad in the second period when the Refs put Cyclones short 6 penalties in a row. And the multiple 5 on threes grrrr..... Desjardins played great and is a worthy winner of MVP.

Now my hockey fix is lacking as Habs, Bulldogs, AVS were so long ago gone...

Now it is Draft Habs Draft time!!!!!

I wasn't really paying attention until they made the finals...I've been updating the main HW page with the links to the gamesheets and schedule and that kept me interested somewhat. Although I can't see too many of those players having a legit chance at becoming anything more than depth AHL'ers, it was still nice to follow something semi-Habs related into June.

As far as Desjardins being "too old" already, being that he's in the ECHL... He's only 1 year older than Halak was when he spent his first full year in the AHL, and Dan Ellis won the Kelly Cup with Idaho a couple years ago and was older than Desjardins is now... there are no guarantees either way, it's stupid to write him off, though.

I don't know if Desharnais will get a contract, but I expect Desjardins will as there is a huge opening for a spot in Hamilton.

As far as Desjardins being "too old" already, being that he's in the ECHL... He's only 1 year older than Halak was when he spent his first full year in the AHL, and Dan Ellis won the Kelly Cup with Idaho a couple years ago and was older than Desjardins is now... there are no guarantees either way, it's stupid to write him off, though.

I don't know if Desharnais will get a contract, but I expect Desjardins will as there is a huge opening for a spot in Hamilton.

My thoughts too. Since Montreals depth in net is now in a Habs uniform, Desjardins deserves a shot in Hamilton. What has Montreal got to lose? Plus I really dont think any of us armchair GM's can sum up his play unless we watched his career like a Montreal scout.

Winning breeds optimism and Desjardins has won in ECHL level so why not give him a chance in the AHL?

Edited by InsaneHABSfan

The Habs have already planned to have Desjardins up in Hamilton next year. With Danis out of the picture, the Habs are looking at a vet AHL goalie to shoulder the load with Desjardins.

Desharnais might also get a long hard look next Bulldogs camp. He started the season with them last year but was sent down to the ECHL. With a whole bunch of UFA's leaving the 'Dogs, he might make it in the regular lineup.

The Habs have already planned to have Desjardins up in Hamilton next year. With Danis out of the picture, the Habs are looking at a vet AHL goalie to shoulder the load with Desjardins.

Desharnais might also get a long hard look next Bulldogs camp. He started the season with them last year but was sent down to the ECHL. With a whole bunch of UFA's leaving the 'Dogs, he might make it in the regular lineup.

The only problem with Desharnais is that he is 3 inches taller then my 8 year old son.

He has no chance at the NHL....nadda

The only problem with Desharnais is that he is 3 inches taller then my 8 year old son.

He has no chance at the NHL....nadda

Is he shorter then Briere? St. Louis? Perrin? They have made a place for themselves in the NHL. The new rules allows for a small player with skills, determination, and strength to make a place on a team. So we need not be so quick to write anyone off.

Is he shorter then Briere? St. Louis? Perrin? They have made a place for themselves in the NHL. The new rules allows for a small player with skills, determination, and strength to make a place on a team. So we need not be so quick to write anyone off.

True, but playing net as a shorter player means your reflexes better be exceptional.

True, but playing net as a shorter player means your reflexes better be exceptional.

David Desharnais the 5'7 175lb centre, not Cedrick Desjardins who is 6' 185 lbs ;)

If Theoren Fleury (5-5) could make it...

That's not fair, he had a variety of narcotics to assist him :P

David Desharnais the 5'7 175lb centre, not Cedrick Desjardins who is 6' 185 lbs ;)

Holy moly how did I get that mixed up. We were talking about goalies and Desharnais name came up and I just screwed up the play.... :unsure: Sorry about my mixup.

I have never looked at desjardins height stats or weight etc....

Maybe all we'd need is to hook up Desharnais with one of those sports labs down in Cali. BALCO anyone?

Desharnais isnt that much smaller than Cube.

Then again, Cube is a phenomenon...