Ryan White signed

MAK

It was a formality but I'm glad it's done !!

white will be a great 4th liner. I'm not sur he has the speed to but a 3rd liner.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Hasnt he led the Hitmen in scoring the last three years?

:hlogo:

Technically, yes. 06-07 was really his only outstanding year though. He shared the lead with Dupont 3 years ago and Bortis this past season with Galiardi and Nixon not far behind him.

He should end up being a decent grinder anyway though.

White, Wyman, Stewart even Conboy are gonna have to proove themselves at the camp.

The need for a solid winger with grit and energy to replace Bégin and Kostopolos in 2010 is there.

Good signing and Hamilton is going to be a lot better team next year, at least more prospects to develop

instead of the same old Ferland , Milroy, Locke all over again.

I think Stewart has proven he can play in the NHl, he has good size and speed, seems pretty smart, willing to fight. The key for him can he bring it every night instead of a 2 game trial. Plus GC likes him.

I read somewhere that White may not have enough speed for the NHl. Can anyone confirm or deny that. I know nothing about him.

I think Stewart has proven he can play in the NHl, he has good size and speed, seems pretty smart, willing to fight. The key for him can he bring it every night instead of a 2 game trial. Plus GC likes him.

I read somewhere that White may not have enough speed for the NHl. Can anyone confirm or deny that. I know nothing about him.

Yeah, Ryan White is known for his bad skating and is basically the main reason he won't be any higher then a 3rd liner. He's a great gritty player however and can play with a chip on his shoulder.

It's gonna be weird going to the Saddledome next season and not seeing White there. In all likelihood, I won't be seeing Karl Alzner either. *sigh*

White's obvious deficiency is skating, I don't know if he's "too slow" for the NHL, but it definitely held him back from being a possible 1st rounder in his draft year. Much like another winger on our team, I suppose.

I see him as a potential 3rd line guy who can contribute offensively on a fairly regular basis.

As for Stewart, he proved he can play in a game against AHL level competition (Sundin-less Maple Leafs) with NHL caliber teammates. Nothing more. He's elevated himself into the mix, but I fully expect him to see more AHL time next season.

White, Wyman, Stewart even Conboy are gonna have to proove themselves at the camp.

Conboy won't be at the camp cause he's going to Michigan U or state(cant remember) thus making him ineligible for professional training camp.

Austria ? Not a strong league.

He has been a shadow propect for the Habs. His junior days and his size were promising.

Never filled expectations or was not given the chance anyway his habs days are gone and it

makes room for new blood in Hamilton.

Good luck to him.

Ferland has his chances. No offense to him but it's been the same issues each time he didn't make the team and he got more than enough tries considering the team didn't have and still doesn't have that big forward who can throw out the body and make his presence felt on the ice.

As for White, I really hope his skating isn't his downfall because every time I saw him play, I was always astonished.

Conboy won't be at the camp cause he's going to Michigan U or state(cant remember) thus making him ineligible for professional training camp.

Can he attend if he pays his own way and all of his expenses to attend the camp? I thought I read someplace where he could do it. ???

Can he attend if he pays his own way and all of his expenses to attend the camp? I thought I read someplace where he could do it. ???

I don't think it would be legit, way too easy to repay the player cash with no proof.

Otherwise Pac and Mcdo would play all pro camp for full evaluation.

Conboy is still raw and didn't play enough high level hockey. Another year but after that he is gonna

be bulk as a monster.

NHL training camps are in mid to late September. Classes start in early September. Not to mention that the first month of a college is pretty much as awesome as life gets.

Technically, you're right on the "pay your own way" restrictions for NCAA players, but they don't show up at the main camp, just usually the summer development camp and that's it (and they have to pay their way to that as well).

Andrew Conboy is a prospect I'm anxious to see at training camp (whenever that happens), and it will be interesting to see him play at a higher level. Obviously he's not likely to become anything more than a 4th liner, but he could be great in that role. He can play hockey, he seems to have realized that his niche in the NHL will have to include his pugilistic abilities, he'a also a great energy type player, and he's got some decent speed combined to what should be a huge frame.

He could be the enforcer we're looking for, the kind who'll defend his teammates but can also help the team on the ice with his play.

My only concern however, espacially seing how "energetic" he was this year, is potential cocaine problems like his brother Tim's...

The NCAA is strict on making sure players don't break their rules. Basically, you're not eligible for NCAA as soon as you take any step into turning into a pro player. I think the meaning of the NHL training camp itself is to try out to get a spot on a pro team which pretty much goes against the whole spirit of the rule.

The NCAA is strict on making sure players don't break their rules. Basically, you're not eligible for NCAA as soon as you take any step into turning into a pro player. I think the meaning of the NHL training camp itself is to try out to get a spot on a pro team which pretty much goes against the whole spirit of the rule.

It's not against becoming professional, it is against players getting paid to play for anything but an amateur club. It's also against outside sponsorship, whether via an agent or corporation.

Going to an actual NHL training camp, though, I think is unfeasible more because of scheduling than anything else. Going to a summer evaluation camp is permissable if the player covers all the expenses.

It's not against becoming professional, it is against players getting paid to play for anything but an amateur club. It's also against outside sponsorship, whether via an agent or corporation.

Going to an actual NHL training camp, though, I think is unfeasible more because of scheduling than anything else. Going to a summer evaluation camp is permissable if the player covers all the expenses.

Isn't it easy for teams to pay the players back once they're at camp?