Radulov pulls a Jagr

JoeLassister

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

You base one of your points on a statement that is 100% wrong and then you say "forget the details."

I don't know if in the history of the franchise a single player has ever chosen to play for Nashville over Montreal because they thought the quality of life in the city was more enjoyable.

Anyway, I understand perfectly well why Radulov wants to play in Russia but there are ways of you proving your argument without making facts up.

I was not aware we denied Dumont. My bad. Glad you understand my point anyway, that's all I was really trying to get at and not make up facts along the way. For some reason I remembered we as fans wanting Dumont but he signed with Nashville. Thank-you for correcting me.

Update: The Russian legue has suspended Radulov and five other players. This is because of their new agreement with the NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243662&amp...=headlines_main

The Russian League didn't suspend anybody, the IIHF did. Reading further down, KHL President Alexander Medvedev said because there's no signed document between his league and the NHL, he and his member teams are free and clear to sign anyone they wish.Which leads me to this question: are KHL teams doing the same thing to players in other European leagues, or is the NHL their sole target for this kind of player acquisition? He seems more inclined to turn a blind eye to the players involved than to enforce a suspension from a regulatory body that it is at odds with already. If he chooses this option, what's the next course of action, suspend the players from IIHF competition? Put pressure on the national federation to get him to comply? Suspend an entire country from international competition? If Jason Krog and Fedor Fedorov play here, could Canada or the US national teams be disciplined because of the actions of teams over which they have no authority?

• 2 months later...
does anybody konws if he'll play in the NHL this year ??

It still looks like he'll play in Russia. The IIHF said he was in breach of his contract but that technically doesn't hold any weight. The KHL and NHL are currently arguing about where to hold an arbitration hearing. KHL wants it in Russia, NHL wants it anywhere but Russia.