(yet another) Best Bar to Watch the Habs Thread

JLP

I know, I know, we've seen this question before. But humor me, I haven't been in Canada during hockey season for more than 10 years -- but will be in Montréal for the Oct 15 home opener. I'll try to score tickets, but yeah that won't be easy. Anyway, where in central Montreal is your favorite bar/pub/whatever to watch a Habs game?

My criteria:

Not concerned about the food and let's not worry about the prices.

Want good seats with a good (high definition) image on big screen(s).

Prefer Montréal/Québec atmosphere to "generic sports bar." Will be there with my woman so don't fancy a sausage-fest or bad-vibe rowdiness (but of course it should be plenty noisy!).

Prefer audible play-by-play and commentary, French or English doesn't matter.

Please let rip with your suggestions!

Champs on st Laurent is my favourite place but if you wont to stick around down town any pubs should do the work.

try to avoid La cage aux sports, to food is terrible there.

YEah but they have like 40 HD screens in every restaurant. Anywhere you sit at a Cage Aux Sports, you have a great view of the game! PLus their food isn't that bad. It's not great, but it isn't aweful either.

Cage aux Sports is your best bet for a ton of screens. I'd say if you could get into the one right at the Bell centre, you'd be in a great atmosphere. You can even hear the crowd from in the building... :D

Cage aux Sports is your best bet for a ton of screens. I'd say if you could get into the one right at the Bell centre, you'd be in a great atmosphere. You can even hear the crowd from in the building... :D

If you do decide to go to the Cage at the Bell Centre, I recommend you show up early!

thanks ~ what am I looking at if I were to deal come gametime for a coupla nosebleeders?

I'm not really sure. Depending on who's in town, my guess is that it could cost you as much as 40$ to 60$...but I could be wrong!?!?! (that would be for the Grey section)

I'm not really sure. Depending on who's in town, my guess is that it could cost you as much as 40$ to 60$...but I could be wrong!?!?! (that would be for the Grey section)

it's the 100th season opener vs the Bruins (Oct 15), I was figuring in the hundreds for any seat . . . .

Champs on st Laurent is my favourite place but if you wont to stick around down town any pubs should do the work.

try to avoid La cage aux sports, to food is terrible there.

I don't care about food ~ and for me The Main is still central. What's Champs like?

it's the 100th season opener vs the Bruins (Oct 15), I was figuring in the hundreds for any seat . . . .

OK, seeing as it's the Pooh Bears, you can expect to pay a little more...but for a couple of seats in the nosebleeds (Blues or the greys) i'd think you could get tickets for under 100$(each). But like I said, this is just a guess.

I don't care about food ~ and for me The Main is still central. What's Champs like?

I hear ya. St-Laurent is way better than Crescent! Champs is the best place in town for a game. It has two floors, and it doesn't have that "chain restaurant" feel to it that LA Cage does. PLus the food is better.

If you are in Kingston let me know and you can come over and watch the game.

Cheap beer, nice big screen and lots of fun.

I went near Kingston this summer. Scuba diving in Brockville. Nice place, but we went to buy beer and they asked ID for my 25yo friend :lol: .

I went near Kingston this summer. Scuba diving in Brockville. Nice place, but we went to buy beer and they asked ID for my 25yo friend :lol: .

It happens.

I know in Quebec the legal drinking age is a suggestion but in Ontario it is more strict.

LOL how young does your friend look? They didn't ask me for ID when i was 17 at the Brockville Beer Store!

If your ever in Toronto...go to Wegz...it is by far the best sports bar I have ever been to. Habs vs Leafs games are nuts!

Edited by l<OV4L3V

It happens.

I know in Quebec the legal drinking age is a suggestion but in Ontario it is more strict.

youdont say. when I was 18 I was stiffed at a TO bar. I was so pissed off since I was legaly drinking in Q.