Habs @ Maple Leafs

Fanpuck33

I don't know if Carbo told BGL not to go out and introduce himself, but this was the perfect type of game for him to showcase his 'skills'. After the first goalie interferance call you think a message would have to have been sent. If hes not here for his toughness, I see no reason for him at all.

I don't know if the situation called for BGL or not. In that case, the Habs are damned either way. There was no corresponding heavyweight on the Leafs to make a statement with. 2 of the goalie interference penalties were on the mild side, and were penalized appropriately. The main guy who deserved a shit-kicking (Grabovski) is so far out of BGL's weightclass that it would be laughable, and the Habs would be criticized if BGL went after him (although I personally wouldn't have minded, after seeing the buttend on Price).

I liked the acquisition of BGL, but should he play at all in these kinds of games? The Leafs' lineup generally and this game in particular were better suited for a middleweight, but unfortunately Kostopolous' night didn't last long.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the situation called for BGL or not. In that case, the Habs are damned either way. There was no corresponding heavyweight on the Leafs to make a statement with. 2 of the goalie interference penalties were on the mild side, and were penalized appropriately. The main guy who deserved a shit-kicking (Grabovski) is so far out of BGL's weightclass that it would be laughable, and the Habs would be criticized if BGL went after him (although I personally wouldn't have minded, after seeing the buttend on Price).

I liked the acquisition of BGL, but should he play at all in these kinds of games? The Leafs' lineup generally and this game in particular were better suited for a middleweight, but unfortunately Kostopolous' night didn't last long.

I don't think it will ever come up, but I wonder if Sergei Kostsitsyn’s attack on Grabovski could not be interpreted as intentionally trying to injure him. On that play, Grabovski did not have the puck, and Kostsitsyn clearly went out of his way to assault him while he was vulnerable (normally Sergei should have started backwards towards the defensive zone since the puck was heading that way)… this was not a “welcome to the NHL” hit while carrying the puck with his head was down… it was malicious hit on a vulnerable player.

I hate to say it but I'm glad it turned out this way. I hope they are embarrassed. They've become complacent. Look at the Isles game down 4-1. Then they play in the 3rd and barely win the game. Columbus, once again a slow start. A pattern is emerging that I don't like and maybe losing to Toronto will leave a pathetic taste in their collective mouths to SMARTEN UP.

I don't think it will ever come up, but I wonder if Sergei Kostsitsyn’s attack on Grabovski could not be interpreted as intentionally trying to injure him. On that play, Grabovski did not have the puck, and Kostsitsyn clearly went out of his way to assault him while he was vulnerable (normally Sergei should have started backwards towards the defensive zone since the puck was heading that way)… this was not a “welcome to the NHL” hit while carrying the puck with his head was down… it was malicious hit on a vulnerable player.

It was definitely a malicious hit. I agree that the NHL isn't likely to do anthing on that one, but if they did, they should also look at the butt-end. One begat the other.

I hate to say it but I'm glad it turned out this way. I hope they are embarrassed. They've become complacent. Look at the Isles game down 4-1. Then they play in the 3rd and barely win the game. Columbus, once again a slow start. A pattern is emerging that I don't like and maybe losing to Toronto will leave a pathetic taste in their collective mouths to SMARTEN UP.

If they aren't embarrassed by these 2 games then they will be losers which they are not you can expect to see a different habs team from now on. They have too much pride for this bs to continue. :ghg: :ghg:

I don't think it will ever come up, but I wonder if Sergei Kostsitsyn’s attack on Grabovski could not be interpreted as intentionally trying to injure him.

Probably not, but you could tell that Sergei was pissed off by the end of the game. Apparently Grabovski was making fun of him all night. He even pointed at the scoreboard towards the end of the game, to show Sergei that they(the Leafs) were winning.

In an article I read on RDS.ca, Sergei said that he has a very long memory, and that he will remember what Grabovski said and did on Nov 8th. Sergei also said that he and Grabovski are no longer friends.

Edited by Habsfan

Probably not, but you could tell that Sergei was pissed off by the end of the game. Apparently Grabovski was making fun of him all night. He even pointed at the scoreboard towards the end of the game, to show Sergei that they(the Leafs) were winning.

In an article I read on RDS.ca, Sergei said that he has a very long memory, and that he will remember what Grabovski said and did on Nov 8th. Sergei also said that he and Grabovski are no longer friends.

I don't know if this has been raised before but apparently the issue with Grabovski goes back to last year when he left the team to visit with his agent at one point...and allegedly there were some things said when he made the team last year over Sergei Kostsytsin, and it heated up further when Sergei replaced him later in the season when Grabovski was sent down. I heard something to this effect on the FAN590 today from Pierre McGuire...