Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

So whats the secret identity of the Habs player who was wearing number 84 anyway? and where did they get the life like mask of Gui's face? It looked so real that I almost thought it was Latendresse. :lol:

The other week Babcock had a great quote but I'm not sure if it was regarding Kovalev specifically or just player slumps in general. I tried to find it again because it was brilliant but I wasnt able to find it anywhere. He said something like "highly skilled players who are slumping try to overcompensate by relying on their great skills even more but it will backfire on them because its their skill that is failing them and they end up trying to hard which will always make it worse."

Babcock is totally right. Players that are highly skilled and slumping need to go back to the simple basics but instead they will often try even tougher moves which dont work out and only frustrate the player even more prolonging the slump. Its hard to do something when you are trying to hard and then that will lead to desperation and more failure and complete lack of confidence. All of these things are highly self destructive no matter how skilled a player is.

Kovalev needs to simplify his game and stop trying all the fancy dangles and turning over the puck so often. He also needs to stop trying the drop passes and behind the back passes to nobody which end up going over the blue line putting everybody offside or they go directly onto the oppositions stick and they are off on an odd man rush. Kovalev needs to keep it simple until he gets his groove back a regains confidence and then he should start trying to do his infamous Kovalev highlight reel moves.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic