Scared about next season?

alexstream

Umm, the cube was waived and passed through waivers twice. It didn't matter if he liked it or not. The habs are the ONLY team that thinks he can play.

Makes you wonder why people think he's good here.

he's a better reserver dman / #6 dman than most of the other reserve / #6 in the league IMO.

not at 1.8M though.

I'm not worried at all about July 1st or next year. It's mostly due to me being more worried about the present and this season. It is true that we have a high amount of UFA's and 2 RFA's and the glass is half empty. However, on the other hand the glass could be seen as half full whereas we will have a considerable amount of open cap to play with to retain the players we want or get free agents. I'm also not worried about it because I knew it was coming. Pittsburgh had to pay the piper last summer and I knew we would have our turn to pay the piper.

Hopefully, BOb can retain a good core and perhaps overpay a UFA on a 1 year deal to entice a signing.

We'll see.

Despite what people think, Komi has got to stay in the system. He's our number one hitter and one of the league's top shot blockers. On a team everyone criticizes for not being physical, people want to get rid of our most physical player? Not going to happen. He is young and everyone knows he can play better than he has, so why would you let him walk? That would be stupid.

Komi and Kosto are the only free agents I am concerned about. Will Komi want to stay here? I don't know I would not want to pay him more than 5 mill per year. Kosto signs for 2 mill. I love that guy. If the cube wants to play a 1 mill, I would take him as a 6th D and hope Emilin and Weber are ready.

Schneider would also be interesting. I wonder how much money he would be looking for. Would he be more interested in some stability at the end of his career. He has been kicked around the league a lot.

The rest... meh.

Probably a good decision.

Now, convince him to come up here. Remember: he's terrible in front of the part-time reporter in Florida. Perhaps you can convince the Montreal media to disguise themselves.

And how much does our #1 Defenseman talk to the media right now? Has it been a huge issue?