Habs vs. Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I've counted 3 giveaways each for Tanguay & Koivu... :puke:

The leafs are using their AHL worthy 4th line against our top two lines... I think that says it all..

You mean our 2nd and 3rd line. Our top line is Lats-Laps-Kosto and has been since, I dont know, December?

And there's the obligatory long ass running around in our zone shift

Is everyone ready to admit that everything wasn't Price fault yet? That the problems on this team is not as simple as the goalie?

No one ever said he was the only problem. they said he was ONE of them. Despite one bad goal by Halak tonight, I would still take him over Price. Why? Because that goal was a shocker, while with Price, it would not have surprised anyone.

Halak does not make us a good team, but he is playing better then Price.

Lots of people the after thursdays game was saying, that once Halak in net things would be different. Here we are down 2-0 after the first period, same old Habs, different goalie.

Halak looked shakey on everything tonight, he's lucky it's not 3-0 on two weak goals.

Edited by bar

No one ever said he was the only problem. they said he was ONE of them. Despite one bad goal by Halak tonight, I would still take him over Price. Why? Because that goal was a shocker, while with Price, it would not have surprised anyone.

Halak does not make us a good team, but he is playing better then Price.

Couldn't agree more. Halak is mediocre, Price is horrible (right now at least)

Lots of people the after thursdays game was saying, that once Halak in net things would be different. Here we are down 2-0 after the first period, same old Habs, different goalie.

I don't think you understood that conversation at all, because that's not the case at all.

Watching the leafs get the puck out of their own end, the defense makes a 5 foot pass to the forward whos back in the defensive zone, compared to Montreals defense who has to make a what 30 foot pass to the forwards who are on the leafs side of centre?

I don't think you understood that conversation at all, because that's not the case at all.

I understood the conversation quite well, the general tone was, all this was on Price. I defended him, and I said if Halak proved me wrong, I'd admit Price was the problem.

I understood the conversation quite well, the general tone was, all this was on Price. I defended him, and I said if Halak proved me wrong, I'd admit Price was the problem.

That's not true at all. The whole conversation was that with the way the two of them have been playing, Halak gives the team a better chance to win right now. He's been better than Price since the All-Star break. Instead, Price has been given opportunities to get his head on straight because "he is the future." In no way was Price being blamed for anything.

So now that Halak is shitting the bed is it his fault too or has everyone found excuses yet?

He let in one bad goal.. I will wait to see how he responds before I decide he is shitting anything.

If Halak collapses then we are screwed, since we need better then just good defense to get out of this mess. If Halak can't do it, it doesn't mean Price can either. We know Price is done like dinner. If you don't, you must be blind. :)

Well the fluff goal was Halak, the other goal he had very little chance on. The biggest thing this team is missing is shooting. They constantly look for the best shot, someday they will realize that you don't get more pts if its a pretty goal compared to an ugly one. Throw it on the net, crash the net, the habs always make one too many passes.