Jack Todd's article in the Gazoo

Nilan25

There is two places i join Jack.

First the owner have pressed all the juice of the marketing branch and pushed it to a level where

the hockey performance is shadowed by massive marketing that colored the entire province Blue-White-Red.

Business is business, there is a lways a good time to sell an asset, maybe Gillet understands more that concept than his hockey crew.

And second to the bar, Jack must have juicy strorys to tell at this hour, probably already drunk. :P

I've only read half the article so far - but it makes sense. I mean, maybe Gainey's hands are tied by Gillet's cash flow problems and that's why there were no re-signings?

Well, either way, interesting idea none-the-less.

I've only read half the article so far - but it makes sense. I mean, maybe Gainey's hands are tied by Gillet's cash flow problems and that's why there were no re-signings?

Well, either way, interesting idea none-the-less.

I think the resignings aren't really done during the regular season for reasons other than the speculation above, however even if that is the case I think it is a poor way of running that crucial aspect of the organization. With 11 UFAs currently, BG has to know at least 2-3 (being conservative too) aren't coming back regardless of what they do down the stretch. WHY WHY WHY do you let them all hang around and lose them for absolutely nothing just out of principle?!? It would mess with the team chemistry you say? As I recall the team was in a tailspin at the deadline and they had just/were about to fire the head coach for Christ's sake!

Too many examples of this happening to them in the off-season recently and just letting players walk in return for not even a late rounder.

this is a load of crap especially if it came from rejean tremblay. Jack Todd should stop writing storeis sitting in the bar after a load of scotches

Edited by habs rule

this is a load of crap especially if it came from rejean tremblay. Jack Todd should stop writing storeis sitting in the bar after a load of scotches

Worked for Red Fisher.

One thing for sure, if Todd is suggesting Gilette is the problem...you can be sure Gilette isn't the problem!

Worked for Red Fisher.

One thing for sure, if Todd is suggesting Gilette is the problem...you can be sure Gilette isn't the problem!

How come when Jack was crapping all over Gainey a couple of weeks ago, so many of you thought his crap was insightful?! I usually like JT's stuff and this article made more sense than that BS about Bob's skill as a GM. Also, it makes a lot of sense in the salary cap and financial crisis world to see what the market is before signing all of your FA's. If BG doesnt resign everyone we might have the ability to acquire that big stud centre everyone is always drooling about. :clap: :hlogo: :clap: