Round Zero Begins Tonight

Psycing

Colin, how about those ducks-exploding-up-from-the-ice jobs? One in your closet perhaps? Certainly they were 'different'...surely the 'designer' of those things was drawn and quartered long ago.

The Kings had some hideous abomination a couple of years ago too. Coyotes tex-mex. Nashville taking-the-piss. Some that come to mind.

Burn baby burn!

Habs are up 3-0 in the "series" with the opportunity to "sweep" tonight against Ottawa.

In three of the most important games of the season, Montreal has out-scored their opponents 15 to 4.

Make that a 3-1 Round Zero series lead for the Habs... A win tonight could all but clinch a playoff spot.

A win tonight does clinch a spot. It would put us 5 points ahead of the Rangers with two games left. So you Round Zero thing works pretty well since this would be the 4th win of the series.

A win tonight does clinch a spot. It would put us 5 points ahead of the Rangers with two games left. So you Round Zero thing works pretty well since this would be the 4th win of the series.

Ah, how very true. Many of us have been so busy thinking about Florida, we hadn't even considered a win against the Rangers would make it impossible for them to catch us.

Ah, how very true. Many of us have been so busy thinking about Florida, we hadn't even considered a win against the Rangers would make it impossible for them to catch us.

And it doesn't matter how it's done. Even if the Rangers get the loser point, the Habs winning clinches 8th spot for us. Our wins total would end up even at worst with the Rangers and we'd have won the season series against them (second tiebreak).

I'd love to not only clinch tonight, but put the Rangers' playoff hopes in jeopardy.

Yeah, I figured with the seven games left that 8 points would have been good enough to secure a spot. Hopefully we can make it easy by simply beating out the Rag$ tonight and then maybe rest a player or two in the final two games.

Ewph! Habs now only up 3-2 in the series. Though, the Habs may be the only team to ever advance from a 7-game series with only 3 wins.... :P

So if we pick up a single point in our last 2, we are in. If we don't and Florida doesn't win both of it's final games, we are in.

I don't have a hope in hell that we pick up a point in our final 2 games but I think we'll make it anyway. After that we have a little break before the playoffs to pump Markov with all the meds we can...

One point is all we need with 2 games to go. Habs aren't making this easy. One point earned in 2 games remaining and/or Florida squanders 1 of their possible 4 points - that's it! We are in. All the Habs need to do is play .25 hockey or hope Florida can only play .75 in these next two games remaining for both clubs.

If Montreal can't go .25 then they don't deserve to clean out my septic sewage system at my house.

Our magic number is 1 - not one point or one win, but one loss by Florida. That's the only way we're gonna make it.

:clap:

Habs might make the playoffs going 3-4 in Round Zero LOL.

It is a point earned. Florida has 80 games played with 39 wins and 89 points. If they earn the 4 remaining points then they'll have 41 wins with 93 points. At this time Montreal already has 41 wins with 92 points. So, if we get one point we'll have 93 points

Montreal = 1 point earned = 93 points with 41 wins.

Florida winning their 2 remaining games leads to 93 points with 41 wins.

We won the season series.

They have to play Atlanta and Washington. My biggest fear is that if pull out a win in Atlanta then play Washington, they rest Ovechkin and Semin. :(

But on the other hand, it's equally as likely Pittsburg will rest Malkin and Crosby...

Edited by ForumGhost

They have to play Atlanta and Washington. My biggest fear is that if pull out a win in Atlanta then play Washington, they rest Ovechkin and Semin. :(

But on the other hand, it's equally as likely Pittsburg will rest Malkin and Crosby...

Unless Ovie is hurt, I doubt they keep him out of the game. He's really competitive, and if he has a shot at the Art Ross, he'll try and get it.

Green might be the guy they sit. And they'll likely play their backup.

Looks like Jacques Martin should have traded Jaybo (unless they can re-sign him). A win by the Rag$ and 1 measly point for the Habs is DOOM for Florida!!!

The Rag$ will have 1 more "W" with another victory even if Florida wins all remaining games, they'll tie in points but the W record for the Rag$ will trump Florida's.

Rag$ need 2 to kill FLA

Habs need 1 to kill FLA

Goodbye Jaybo - for nothin'

Looks like Jacques Martin should have traded Jaybo (unless they can re-sign him). A win by the Rag$ and 1 measly point for the Habs is DOOM for Florida!!!

The Rag$ will have 1 more "W" with another victory even if Florida wins all remaining games, they'll tie in points but the W record for the Rag$ will trump Florida's.

Rag$ need 2 to kill FLA

Habs need 1 to kill FLA

Goodbye Jaybo - for nothin'

can be said too, bye Komo for nothing, bye Tanguay for nothing, bye Kovy for nothing,

bye Koivu for nothing...