Increase in the NHL salary cap

dlbalr

Well, the cap did go up indeed for next season, by the whopping amount of...$100,000. Let's not spend it all at once now. In all seriousness, it's nice to have an official number to work from.

The NHL's salary cap for next season will be $56.8 million, a source told ESPN.com Friday.

The figure is a mere $100,000 increase from the cap total of last season.

Numbers crunchers from the NHL and the NHL Players' Association finalized the figure for the next season Thursday in New York.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4290000

Well, the cap did go up indeed for next season, by the whopping amount of...$100,000. Let's not spend it all at once now. In all seriousness, it's nice to have an official number to work from.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4290000

Yep, it's nice to know the actual number. This'll help Bob.

Nah, it's next year when it's going to collapse.

Was listening to the radio today and they said it's expected to go up next year as well because the Canadian teams are propping the league up extremely well.

Was listening to the radio today and they said it's expected to go up next year as well because the Canadian teams are propping the league up extremely well.

I dunno - the cap is based on revenue from 2 yrs prior. I have to think that the recession has to affect revenue at some point. The CBA amendment is pretty interesting, though, and does indicate a willingness to prop up the cap in the interest of stability over profitability.

I dunno - the cap is based on revenue from 2 yrs prior. I have to think that the recession has to affect revenue at some point. The CBA amendment is pretty interesting, though, and does indicate a willingness to prop up the cap in the interest of stability over profitability.

I also read recently something about the players being able to exercise a clause that can inflate the salary cap by 2 million dollars, in case of a potential drop.