Which prospects are turning pro next season?

KoZed

Just wondering who we can expect to see with Hamilton next season?

Fischer, McDonagh, Subban, Paquet Those should all turn pro next season. But what about Stejskal & Torp? They turned 20, are they gonna come to Hamilton too? Fortier is the main forward prospect that's turning pro and a lock to make the jump. I'm guessing Dany Massé will also jump. Quailer's turning 20 in August, any chance for him to go to Hamilton?

That basically means the Dogs would have about the same forward group as last season, but would have to let go a bunch of D's to make room for at least 4 prospects.

my guess is one of mcdonagh or fisher will come up while the other wiats another year... all depend on the 2 weeks camp( or is it one week ?) in july.

other than that I see subban and massé.

if subban, fischer and mcdo all make the jump doesn't that make for a very crowded D corps in hamilton, or am I missing something?

it may not be as crowder as I 1st thought:

heres a list of potential Dmen( given that the guys in the NCAA all sign)

subban

mcdonagh

weber

carle

fischer

JT wyman

andre benoit

frederic st denis

philippe paquet

greg Pateryn

one, maybe two of them could be in theNHL next year.

if subban, fischer and mcdo all make the jump doesn't that make for a very crowded D corps in hamilton, or am I missing something?

Habs would need to release some, I guess.

Especially since André Benoit is coming back after a year in Europe.

Jancevski, Henry, Anderson, Wyman, Kemp, Janik, Belle, Carle.

Since Fischer & Sub are right-side D's, I'M guessing Anderson and Wyman will lose their spots. Wyman can go back to F, Anderson can be released.

I dont know who else would be moved to make room for Benoit, McDo and/or Paquet. Paquet could end up in the ECHL early on.

it may not be as crowder as I 1st thought:

heres a list of potential Dmen( given that the guys in the NCAA all sign)

subban

mcdonagh

weber

carle

fischer

JT wyman

andre benoit

frederic st denis

philippe paquet

greg Pateryn

one, maybe two of them could be in theNHL next year.

I'm guessing Weber will stick in the NHL. He showed lot of poised last season when he was called up at a time where everyone in the NHL are at their peak condition. But it'll depend on what Martin thinks.

I'm guessing Weber will stick in the NHL. He showed lot of poised last season when he was called up at a time where everyone in the NHL are at their peak condition. But it'll depend on what Martin thinks.

when Martin sees his shot he'll fall in love the Weber. I think he's ready. Like you said he showed alot of poise and held his onw against Boston.

when Martin sees his shot he'll fall in love the Weber. I think he's ready. Like you said he showed alot of poise and held his onw against Boston.

agreed, the added adantage is that weber makes schneider expendable, allowing that money to be spent elsewhere. Hopefully on someone like Komi.

Habs would need to release some, I guess.

Especially since André Benoit is coming back after a year in Europe.

Jancevski, Henry, Anderson, Wyman, Kemp, Janik, Belle, Carle.

Since Fischer & Sub are right-side D's, I'M guessing Anderson and Wyman will lose their spots. Wyman can go back to F, Anderson can be released.

I dont know who else would be moved to make room for Benoit, McDo and/or Paquet. Paquet could end up in the ECHL early on.

Anderson: UFA

Belle: not offered a Q.O: UFA

Kemp: UFA

JANIK: UFA

Carle: the little bitch wanted out of MTL.let him rot I says.

Jancevski: I think he,s a loan from Dallas...

agreed, the added adantage is that weber makes schneider expendable, allowing that money to be spent elsewhere. Hopefully on someone like Komi.

actually I'd love Schneider to stay and tutor Weber like he did with bogosian in Atlanta.

Anderson: UFA

Belle: not offered a Q.O: UFA

Kemp: UFA

JANIK: UFA

Carle: the little bitch wanted out of MTL.let him rot I says.

Jancevski: I think he,s a loan from Dallas...

actually I'd love Schneider to stay and tutor Weber like he did with bogosian in Atlanta.

Great, that's a bunch of useless guys gone to make room for our prospects.

As for Carle, punishment would be to keep him in the AHL and hold him back rather than give him the satisfaction of moving him somewhere else. Let's see if Boucher can get into his head and make something out of him.

Great, that's a bunch of useless guys gone to make room for our prospects.

As for Carle, punishment would be to keep him in the AHL and hold him back rather than give him the satisfaction of moving him somewhere else. Let's see if Boucher can get into his head and make something out of him.

you'd still want one or two vets to calm things down when those rookies feel pressured.

as for carle, he does have the size and skills...does he have the heart ??

Not sure it has been mentioned here already, but didn't Paquet re-enter the draft? (i.e. we no longer hold his rights?) Could be wrong, but I remember reading this about one of your prospects a couple of weeks back.

Not sure it has been mentioned here already, but didn't Paquet re-enter the draft? (i.e. we no longer hold his rights?) Could be wrong, but I remember reading this about one of your prospects a couple of weeks back.

Nope, the Habs have until August 15th to sign him, otherwise he becomes a UFA (he's too old to re-enter the draft).

Nope, the Habs have until August 15th to sign him, otherwise he becomes a UFA (he's too old to re-enter the draft).

Gotchya, I might be thinking of someone else then? *shrug*