Your UFA shopping list

KoZed

1. The sedins 6.5 mill 13 total

2. Morris 4.5 mill

3 Neil 2.8 mill

I don't resign Kovalev or Tanguay which gives them more cap room.

Then Beuchimen, Woywitka, someone like that to complete the D

1. The sedins 6.5 mill 13 total

2. Morris 4.5 mill

3 Neil 2.8 mill

I don't resign Kovalev or Tanguay which gives them more cap room.

Then Beuchimen, Woywitka, someone like that to complete the D

Who the F is Beuchimen?

You busted the 21M$ with your 4 players, nothing left for Beauchemin who will go around 4M$.

I beleive they have more then 21 mill without Kovalev, Tanguay and Komi. But i caould be wrong.

I would take the top 3. I wouldn't need 5.

Francois Beuachimen, i don't know how you spell his name

Markov, Hamrlik, Gorges, O'Byrne, Weber = that's all we have on D under contract right now. Bob has gotta get at least 2 top guys in there, 3 ideally.

Gomez, A. Kositsyn, Plekanec, Lapierre, Latendresse, D'Agostini, Laraque = we can't even make 3 complete lines with what we have under contract, we got at least 5 regular spots to fill. Unless we count on S. Kostitsyn, Stewart, Pacioretty & Chips to fill them all, giving us a Hell of a young team.

I believe Metropolit has one more year.

Pacioretty will be a full timer as well.

I agree about needing a couple of D, that's why overpaying Komi makes no sense.

I think BG needs a sniper as well. Kovalev is not the answer to play with Gomez.

ok Take two.

step one.

Sign Beauchemin 4M

Sign Hossa 7M

then

step two a.

dump Hamerlik - 5.5M

Sign Cammalleri 5.5M

Trade Plekanec for a Hamrlik replacement. 3M (e.g. Leopold?)

OR

step two b.

keep hamr, keep plek, continue to underperform :wacko:

I beleive they have more then 21 mill without Kovalev, Tanguay and Komi. But i caould be wrong.

I would take the top 3. I wouldn't need 5.

Francois Beuachimen, i don't know how you spell his name

21M$ is what we have after countings the RFAs and Gomez, that excludes all the UFAs.

Beauchemin. "e-a-u" always goes together, it makes the sound "o". Think of "Lambeau Field" where the Green Bay Packers play.

I believe Metropolit has one more year.

Pacioretty will be a full timer as well.

I agree about needing a couple of D, that's why overpaying Komi makes no sense.

I think BG needs a sniper as well. Kovalev is not the answer to play with Gomez.

I've also heard this year they will give Chipchura a spot because of the waivers coming into effect this year or something like that.

And right on about Kovy & Gomez. The consensus is that Gomez didnt work out with Jagr and Zherdev because they were carrying the puck too much. Kovy is even worse!

I've also heard this year they will give Chipchura a spot because of the waivers coming into effect this year or something like that.

And right on about Kovy & Gomez. The consensus is that Gomez didnt work out with Jagr and Zherdev because they were carrying the puck too much. Kovy is even worse!

Did he learn to skate? It'd be interesting to see him on a line with Lats... (joking)

Hossa 8M

Gaborik 8M

Komi 5M

Don't forget, only 10 million can be spent beyond this season due to the cap likely to decrease and players like Price and Lapierre needing raises. The Habs can't afford to sign all of those 3.

Don't forget, only 10 million can be spent beyond this season due to the cap likely to decrease and players like Price and Lapierre needing raises. The Habs can't afford to sign all of those 3.

I dunno, this cap speculation seems like a bit of a crapshoot. Wasn't it supposed to go down this year? I'd rather spend to the cap this year, not worry about next year, then make a trade or two if the worst case scenario happens.

I dunno, this cap speculation seems like a bit of a crapshoot. Wasn't it supposed to go down this year? I'd rather spend to the cap this year, not worry about next year, then make a trade or two if the worst case scenario happens.

Even if the cap doesn't go down, guys like Price, Lapierre, and Sergei Kostitsyn, as well as anyone who accepts their 1 year QO are all due raises. There's most likely 4-5 million right there, which is a solid UFA this year. If we're overspent next season, we'll be in a heap of trouble as there's only going to be a few teams to dump players on, and the cost of doing so will be steep.

Yeah, me too, like trade gaborik for 2 first rounders.

Didn't the Rangers sign Gomez as an UFA? And now they got 2 first rounders for him.

Even if the cap doesn't go down, guys like Price, Lapierre, and Sergei Kostitsyn, as well as anyone who accepts their 1 year QO are all due raises. There's most likely 4-5 million right there, which is a solid UFA this year. If we're overspent next season, we'll be in a heap of trouble as there's only going to be a few teams to dump players on, and the cost of doing so will be steep.

Not much of an expert on the cap, how much would a buyout of Hamrlik or BGL cost us?

Yeah, me too, like trade gaborik for 2 first rounders.

Didn't the Rangers sign Gomez as an UFA? And now they got 2 first rounders for him.

Gaborik's an uninsurable contract, whoever gets him is stuck with him for the duration.

As for Gomez, the Rangers could move him based on the economic climate - there aren't as many capped out teams now as there will be next year, and the market next year is much stronger talent wise than this year. Plus, signing a player knowing you're probably going to have to trade him in a year...can't see too many UFA's biting on that.

1. Beauch

2. Hossa, Havlat, or Gaborik

3. A vet goalie

4. Tanguay (Think of A.Kost - Gomez - Gaborik) YOWZAS

Tanguay - ??? - Kovalev

I think we can acquire another good D-man or forward via trade. We have to get rid of Hammer's $$ so we package him with Pleks or with Halak and get extra cash to spend.

Not much of an expert on the cap, how much would a buyout of Hamrlik or BGL cost us?

Well, buyouts are out of the question now, they had to be done by yesterday, unless arbitration kicks in.

Laraque would have been $500,000 for 4 years, Hamrlik $1,833,333 for 4 years.

Gaborik's an uninsurable contract, whoever gets him is stuck with him for the duration.

As for Gomez, the Rangers could move him based on the economic climate - there aren't as many capped out teams now as there will be next year, and the market next year is much stronger talent wise than this year. Plus, signing a player knowing you're probably going to have to trade him in a year...can't see too many UFA's biting on that.

Well Gomez signed as UFA a 7 year 50M contract with the Rangers and then traded 2 years later for 2 former (and still very young) 1st rounders. I'm just saying you don't necessarily get "stuck" with your UFAs. I hope the Habs are aggressive for once.