Really lame GT: Habs @ Sabres

rafikz

Yea, i forgot to mention 1 thing, can anyone explain all the stick checking going on, 4 habs guys standing around waving sticks, 1 Sabres player goes through them and finishes.

HIT SOMEONE.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Poor halak. the guy hasn't played in 3 weeks and we expect him to have a miraculous game??

Same NHL goalie that Price is, and everyone expects miracles from him every game. So: yes.

Same NHL goalie that Price is, and everyone expects miracles from him every game. So: yes.

The difference: one was picked 5th overall over a franchise C like Kopitar and was given tons of opportunities on a silver platter; and the other was a 271th draft pick who dominated in every minor league where he had to prove himself over and over again to win the #1 spot.

So you got The Anointed One vs the Underdog. It's easy to guess where will sympathy go.

I agree that there's a double standard when it comes to the fans' judgment of Price and Halak; but that double standard is just an off-shoot of the Habs organization own double standard. They shoved Price down our throat on the ice and in their marketing material, so there's a price (no pun intended) to pay for it: higher expectations and harsher criticism. Even when Price stands on his head, there's really not a lot of good feeling to get from it because, hey, it's how it should be. Dont blame the fans, blame the Organization.

Goaltending is liek problem 99 out of 100. I would be more concerned with the other 98 problems the team has.

+1

Sadly, goaltending gets all the attention because it's the only thing that works when we win... so the one thing we see when we lose.

So much for Jacques Martin "giving us a great defensive system" and all that crap. We're just as bad as we were last season; and we've lost all offensive creativity on top of it.

Dump, chase, cycle, lose the puck, BACKCHECK, BACKCHECK, run around the defensive zone, run around, run around, clear the puck with the board, LINE CHANGE, dump the puck and start all over again.

*yawn*

+1

Sadly, goaltending gets all the attention because it's the only thing that works when we win... so the one thing we see when we lose.

So much for Jacques Martin "giving us a great defensive system" and all that crap. We're just as bad as we were last season; and we've lost all offensive creativity on top of it.

Dump, chase, cycle, lose the puck, BACKCHECK, BACKCHECK, run around the defensive zone, run around, run around, clear the puck with the board, LINE CHANGE, dump the puck and start all over again.

*yawn*

2 of our 3 players that can get the puck in the offensive zone without dumping it still injured. Let's wait.

Yea, but to be fair to Martin, i think he was expecting the pairs of

Spacek Markov

Mara Hamrlik

Gorges Gill.

Look what he has now.

I have my own issues with Martin, i was hoping for Hartley.

Right now i don't get SK on the 4th line, every night he plays he gets an assist, he stopped taking dumb penalties atleast put him with his bro and pleks to see what happens.

What's the worst that could happen, they'll fall behind 2-0 in the first 10 minutes.

Can't blame just one on this loss, but Halak really took them out of this one.

On the bright side, I guess we can say the goalie controversy is over!

I agree... he didn't play well. And the goalie controversy was over a long time ago. It didn't matter how Halak or Price was playing - Price was gonna get the job. They let Price play poorly for half a year and still gave him the job. Now that Halak has had a bad game (a rare event, true), they're gonna crap all over him.

I have a very bad feeling (and I hope I'm wrong) that some day we're really gonna be sorry about how we treated Halak.

Can't wait for Halak's agent on Twitter.

See what I mean...

Aside from the game, I think everyone is fed up of the whole centennial thing. I mean, it was over-celebrated to the point of ridiculousness. Now I'm just tired of it. Tired of that logo. Can we get the CH back on centre ice after this?

Even my wife (not a hockey fan) has asked me why have they been celebrating this thing for 2 years now! It's too much. It's like they're trying to distract us from not having a good product on the ice.

2 of our 3 players that can get the puck in the offensive zone without dumping it still injured. Let's wait.

18 skaters... and only 3 can get the puck in the offensive zone without dumping it? Is the team Gainey rebuilt that bad?

I hope now. I hope it's just the system. The players are scared shitless of turning the puck over on the zone entry. Martin wants them to "go to the net", but seriously, we dont have 1 forward over 6'2" and 215 lbs that can skate. You wont collapse a defense by driving to the net with a bunch of 5'11" forwards, no matter how hard they try.

18 skaters... and only 3 can get the puck in the offensive zone without dumping it? Is the team Gainey rebuilt that bad?

I hope now. I hope it's just the system. The players are scared shitless of turning the puck over on the zone entry. Martin wants them to "go to the net", but seriously, we dont have 1 forward over 6'2" and 215 lbs that can skate. You wont collapse a defense by driving to the net with a bunch of 5'11" forwards, no matter how hard they try.

Could look like this yeah. ^_^