Ted Leonsis (Caps owner) showing a lot of class despite the loss

rafikz

They played a defensive scheme that was very frustrating. They used their match ups deftly. They were more patient than us. They were more committed to their scheme. Be patient– trap– transition to offense off of turn over’s score on power plays. Play low scoring games. We scored 3 goals in the last 3 games on more than 130 plus shots. That is just not going to get it done.

They took advantage of breaks and they scored on their power play opportunities. We didn’t.

They played committed team defense. They took our stars out of play all series. I believe our hockey IQ seemed low this series and we didn’t adjust well on the ice to the new schemes coming our way.

At least he knows the game and didn't rail about non calls and our crappy team being saved by our goaltender.

Ted Leonsis; hats off to this man!

To be honest with you, I was feeling bad for TEd when we were up 2 to nothing in the last minutes of game 7 ... as I sat there pedaling, staring at the tv monitor on top of the static work out bike at the gym. They zoomed in to Leonsis face, and I have to admit I felt sorry for him and yet another premature exit from the series... He is an active owner and maybe one of the most respected in the league....

Although the Caps soon scored after I was pondering on that thought...Forcing me to pedal much harder as I fought to get that thought out of my mind!!! (fearing i had just jinxed the game!)

The guy is a douchebag. He doesn't allow people from Pittsburgh to buy tickets to Caps games.

He's been whining all season long on his blog. About the Caps not getting the credit they think they deserve, about the refs being against them, that it's all a conspiracy.

That's just my opnion tho so take it for what it's worth.

He doesn't allow people from Pittsburgh to buy tickets to Caps games.

so?

When Calgary played against the Lightning in 04 in SC finals, you had to wear a Calgary tshirt to be allowed in the Saddledome for the game.