We have a new assistant GM, and he looks good

rafikz

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534501

Larry Carrière was a member of the Washington Capitals organization since 2004 as pro scout. He spent the previous two decades with the Buffalo Sabres, handling the duties of Assistant General Manager from 1995 to 2004 (including a brief stint as General Manager in 1997). With the Sabres, he also worked as Director of Player Evaluation (1993 to 1995), as well as amateur scout (1983 to 1993).

Was he responsible for them picking Mike Green?

Nope, that's the job of the amateur scout and he's been the pro scout. Essentially, he takes the position that Gauthier previously held, director of pro scouting (NHL, AHL, ECHL...well, the latter not so much). I'll be curious to see if he takes over the Bulldogs as well or if they hire someone to take that job specifically.

Nope, that's the job of the amateur scout and he's been the pro scout. Essentially, he takes the position that Gauthier previously held, director of pro scouting (NHL, AHL, ECHL...well, the latter not so much). I'll be curious to see if he takes over the Bulldogs as well or if they hire someone to take that job specifically.

Goats' old job has been vacant for a while... Brisebois' old job just was vacated this morning. So it could be a while before they hire his replacement... that being said, a lot of guys ended their jobs on June 30th in this league, so there are enough guys available to talk to.

That looks like an impressive c.v.. Buffalo and Washington are both admirable organizations (especially the former, which didn't have the benefit of years of suckage in which to draft superstars). Good stuff. :clap:

Last name sounds francophone...is he bilingual? I ask, not be cause I give a tinker's cuss, but because it gives insight into the degree to which the Habs are making this a priority.

That looks like an impressive c.v.. Buffalo and Washington are both admirable organizations (especially the former, which didn't have the benefit of years of suckage in which to draft superstars). Good stuff. :clap:

Last name sounds francophone...is he bilingual? I ask, not be cause I give a tinker's cuss, but because it gives insight into the degree to which the Habs are making this a priority.

yeah, he is from Park Ext and Ville St Laurent....

it is mentioned at the bottom of this article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...03_section_POS1

yeah, he is from Park Ext and Ville St Laurent....

it is mentioned at the bottom of this article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...03_section_POS1

It would follow that some of the vacancies (Hamilton) could be filled with candidates from Carriere's previous associations. I am not sure who would be on that list, but we know Rochester and more recently Hershy have had a lot of success.

It would follow that some of the vacancies (Hamilton) could be filled with candidates from Carriere's previous associations. I am not sure who would be on that list, but we know Rochester and more recently Hershy have had a lot of success.

I have full confidence in the Habs brass today.... They have been wonderful with the kids that want to learn to play in Montreal.... that being said maybe they have had a little bit of a hard time figuring out what kid wants to play and what kid is lost with the fame... see seigei Vs Habs Vs media Vs hockey Crazy town spot light... I know the Habs can find another GB for the farm team if they do`nt hve one already....

Vive les :hlogo:

• 2 weeks later...

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=534973

Well, there are the new scouts that everyone was paranoid about. 2 new amateur scouts, 1 new European scout, and a new pro scout. The Euro scout, Christer Rockstrom, has a great resume. The S&C coach was already announced here. 6 hires in all, though one was a promotion (Vaughn Karpan moves from amateur to pro scout).