Preseason GDT - Round 2: Habs/Sens

dlbalr

We should trade cammy he doesn't have a goal this season...trade the bum! He's on pace to finish with 0 goals!!!

The media attention pre-season games are getting is getting out of hand.

I just read a great comment on surprisingly, TSN, your call. Why do the non-goalies get a pass in pre-season, everything is goalies this, goalies that. I hope the media in Montreal is happy when Price leaves or gets traded because of all the coverage a pre-season game gets. I hope they're happy if we can never sign another free-agent, I hope they're happy when the habs franchise sinks lower in to decline. Comments I've read lately make me sick to be a habs fans, all the past glory of the franchise is being tarnished with such vile comments from so called fans, who are more worried about being right, than whats best for the team. Some fans bring up the tired argument, "it's our money we can boo if we want", if you're unhappy with the product, don't buy it! Don't purchase something then bitch about it later.

Yes, this board does seem to have a higher percentage of sane Habs fans than anywhere else. :hlogo: Thank heavens for that.

The National Post ran an article a few days ago on how fans in Canadian markets are killing their teams, using Price as the key example. This raises the question of whether Montreal is unusually bad or just on a continuum with other Canadians cities. Personally, I think Habs fans are in a whole other category of lunacy - the most pathological fan base in hockey by some distance. Anyway, great post, brother.

Yes, this board does seem to have a higher percentage of sane Habs fans than anywhere else. :hlogo: Thank heavens for that.

The National Post ran an article a few days ago on how fans in Canadian markets are killing their teams, using Price as the key example. This raises the question of whether Montreal is unusually bad or just on a continuum with other Canadians cities. Personally, I think Habs fans are in a whole other category of lunacy - the most pathological fan base in hockey by some distance. Anyway, great post, brother.

oh ya, but they do LOVE their team. Indifference is the opposite of love, not hatred. What the hell. I forgive them. Price is not showing well, and they all know what we paid in trade to keep him. They don't all take the long view, which is perhaps why they buy tickets to tonight's game... to see what will happen tonight..!

I kinda think that the somewhat spoiled kid, Price, will gel, perhaps as a requirement of his own ego...whatever that Freudian term could possibly mean... or for the respect of his organization and fellows.

But as was suggested , lets dump Cammi who is clearly dragging them all down!!!

On a more positive note, aren't we lucky to have Plecs firing around like a whirling dirvish? Whatever that is? He's been a marvel on ice, impressive as all get out, whatever 'all get out' means.

Markov will be back sooner rather than later, PK is sparkling and life is good in Montreal, if nowhere else. Good Lord willin 'n the crik don't rise, we'll have some fun this year.

Cheers y'all

Edited by Toronthab

There was a piece in The Gazette last week (not necessarily in the sports section) that showed the results of a survey that asked Canadians whether they thought their sports teams should be filled with Canadian players. The results were separated by province. If I remember correctly, Quebec had about 15% more "yes" votes than the next province. (But of course, they wouldn't really be satisfied at all with a completely Canadian team if very few of the Canadians were from Quebec.)

It's like a kid squeezing the shit out of a bunny rabbit and not realizing that it is suffocating it in the process.

The bunny wants to be loved and the child loves the bunny, but doesn't understand the damage it is inflicting on it by squeezing so hard.

Most habs fans have tunnel vision and are more interested in their personal stake and don't understand when multiplied by 1 million

like minded individuals that it becomes a destructive force.

It's like a kid squeezing the shit out of a bunny rabbit and not realizing that it is suffocating it in the process.

The bunny wants to be loved and the child loves the bunny, but doesn't understand the damage it is inflicting on it by squeezing so hard.

Most habs fans have tunnel vision and are more interested in their personal stake and don't understand when multiplied by 1 million

like minded individuals that it becomes a destructive force.

Nice one. My new Facebook status for all my "we want Jaro back" friends out there. :(