Preseason GDT: Habs/Isles

dlbalr

Wow, what a forgettable lineup for the Isles. If the Habs can't win this game easily, I'll be ashamed.

The only time I've ever been ashamed of anything that happened in preseason is when the braying jackasses booed Carey Price. The stakes here remind me of an Elvis Costello song: Less Than Zero. Indeed, the Habs may lose out of sheer boredom.

Habs lead 3-1 after 1. Cammalleri, Pouliot, and Subban (PP) with the goals. The Habs clearly have the better roster but they let that fact get to their heads about 7 minutes in, made for an interesting stretch where they tried to do everything the fancy way.

cammalleri 5minute major and probably a game misconduct.

Looked like it - that's the type of play that could earn him a suspension no less, especially since it was against a junior player.

As for the game, 4-1 now for the Habs, Plekanec with yet another goal in what was otherwise a relatively uninspired period.

Here's the slash:

Thanks for the video, I'm stuck at work tonight.

That last bit looked like a dive to me, has that Isle returned yet? If so, I can't see a suspension upcoming.

Thanks for the video, I'm stuck at work tonight.

That last bit looked like a dive to me, has that Isle returned yet? If so, I can't see a suspension upcoming.

Nope, and I don't think he will, he was hobbling off the ice. As for a suspension, that was the talk just now on HNIC - Stock also figures it's a suspension for sure (consider the source mind you). :)

Plekanec scores, 5-1! And now it gets ugly...Yablonski goes after Spacek, Spacek (wisely) drops to the ice immediately. Hisey wanted to go with Eller (I know Hisey, he's not a fighter), White got into it with someone, the 2 of them were yapping at each other in the box. Habs with a 5 on 3 as a result.

Yablonski 2, 5, and 10, that's good news.

Koskinen in net now by the way.