GDT: Montreal vs New Jersey, Dec. 2

bar

PK Subbans Benching  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should have happened tonight?

• PK Subban benching
    • Spacek benching
    • Picard benching
    • Nothing

Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+Jersey+Devils+E
70.png 552.png

Projected Lines:
Kostitsyn- Plekanec - B. Gionta
Cammalleri - Gomez - Moen
Pyatt - Halpern - Lapierre
Pouliot - Eller - Darche

Picard - Weber
Gill - Gorges
Hamrlik - Spacek

Price
Auld
Kovalchuk - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Elias - Arnott - Tedenby
Rolston - Zubrus - Clarkson
Pelley - Mair - S. Gionta

White - Tallinder
Greene - Fayne
Volchenkov - Corrente

Hedberg
McKenna
Scoring Leaders:
Goals: Kostitsyn (9)
Assists: Plekanec (15)
+/-: Picard (+8)
Goals: Arnott (8)
Assists: Elias (11)
+/-: Volchenkov (+4)
Team Stats/Notes:
Record: 15-8-2 (3rd in East)
Scratches: Boyd, Subban
Injuries: Markov
Record: 8-14-2 (14th in East)
Scratches: Magnan-Grenier, Vasyunov
Injuries: Brodeur, Taormina, Salvador, Salmela, Parise

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
TV: RDS, MSG Plus
Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Note: Those are not the D pairings for NJ, I could only find a list of the d-men but not who they are paired with, I will change later on today.

Edited by bar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to heck it is not Subban sitting. Picard was awful last night, and Spacek was as well. PKs comments last night proved to ME that he knows what he has to fix his game, he does not need a archaic message in the form of benching.

Well I posted before Brians post.

I am going to over-react, I am going to spew hyperbole, JM is a idiot. Why do this. I hate his lame treatment of rookies...who cares if they take responsibility for their actions, no you sit! You are more talented then any D-man but you sit. See I know how to coach. Friggin idiot. Spacey go ahead make mistakes, you put your time in. Wow Jm is sooo smart. Let's take the best puck moving d we have and replace it with a worse puck moving D, that'll get the habs back on track.

I hope to heck it is not Subban sitting. Picard was awful last night, and Spacek was as well. PKs comments last night proved to ME that he knows what he has to fix his game, he does not need a archaic message in the form of benching.

Spacek had a tough game, but he always gave a second effort when he had made an error. Subban put himself in such a tough spot when he made errors that he couldn't possibly recover.

Picard did do some bad pinching yesterday. Really, only Hamrlik looked good out there defensively. Gorges did alright.

Subban sits because of his dangerous pass in overtime? I only catched the end of the game.. did he played poorly besides that? hmm

He was directly responsible for the game tying and game winning goals. Being a rookie, that'll get you sat most nights. Aside from those, nothing jumped out too much at me being good or bad yesterday.

I disagree that he was directly responsible for the game winning goal. Cammy gets a pass why? Cause the puck was bouncing? Price didn't make the save either, I'm not knocking Price, but I would call out Price and Cammy before Subban on the winning goal.

Well either way Weber doesn't impress me at all. I guess i'll know more after tonight.

I wonder how the habs will get the puck out of there zone tonight, Subban is the only one who can skate it out.

That's the one thing that drives me nuts on Martin, rookies sit but when a vet is playing poorly even for a while, nothing is done.

That's the one thing that drives me nuts on Martin, rookies sit but when a vet is playing poorly even for a while, nothing is done.

This is what drives me nuts. Subban had a bad game, but copped to it in the media scrum after the game. What the hell kind of message is JM doing. "Rookie you played bad, you owned up to it, but if I don't sit you, I might have to sit Spacek, so umm you're sitting cause you're a rookie..and I hate you rookies, even though you're the best D-man this year and the team will struggle, it's what the old book of coaching tells me to do!"

I added a poll to the thread, just curious what everyone thinks. Maybe I'm way off base in my thinking.

Edited by bar

I disagree that he was directly responsible for the game winning goal. Cammy gets a pass why? Cause the puck was bouncing? Price didn't make the save either, I'm not knocking Price, but I would call out Price and Cammy before Subban on the winning goal.

It was a leading pass, doomed from the get-go. That's the part that bugged me about the goal, he played the puck into a relatively crowded area which is risky in itself. It's a split second decision, and it'd work sometimes, just not yesterday. As for the benching, it's a culmination of things I'm sure. There was last night, the 2 incidents with Plekanec in practice, and I would surmise the chirping played a role as well. I could see a reasonable case being made that he needs to be taken down a notch - and all parties, not just Subban are to blame for that. But a 1 game sit down isn't the end of the world. He'll be back Saturday, win or lose tonight.

What incidents are you referring to Brian?

2 shoving matches with Plekanec in practice last week, both were caught on TV cameras. They weren't much but enough that the coaches would take notice. Both appeared to be started by PK as well and when it's with your leading scorer, the rookie isn't getting the benefit of the doubt.

Hmm..I saw the one after the Philly game.

Still not enough for me to want to see one of the best players this season. If the Habs lose tonight I will not be one happy fan.

Hmm..I saw the one after the Philly game.

Still not enough for me to want to see one of the best players this season. If the Habs lose tonight I will not be one happy fan.

The one after the Philly game was the second and smaller one I do believe. I'm not thrilled with the decision either but I can understand why. It's gutsy, that's for sure.

As a fan, I want consistancy and I see none in the coaching of JM. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach, but I am not happy with all his recent moves. JM BETTER know what he's doing because this could backfire.

As a fan, I want consistancy and I see none in the coaching of JM. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach, but I am not happy with all his recent moves. JM BETTER know what he's doing because this could backfire.

It could, but as most of us concede anyways, we're cursed against NJ. :) I think watching the plays develop from the pressbox may help give him some perspective; honestly, when was the last time he sat for a game at any level? I forget who it was last year (may not have even been a Hab) but the player said watching from above for one game really helped him see where some of his mistakes were being made. I think that may be the goal here with Subban.

Any comment we make comes with much less info than those making the decision.

Just like the Price/Halak situation. It is silly to get out of sorts with zero information.