GDT: Montreal vs Carolina, Dec. 23, 2010

bar

PK seems the wrong player for JMs system, something will have to give, PK will break and become a boring defender, ala Gorges or JM will relent and let PK be dynamic.

Could rookies under JM not bounce back from benchings because they see vets committing murder and getting away with it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying PK should not be coached, or benched. I am pointing out that JM has no clue how to do it to make the player better.

Price struggled last year and there was a better goalie (at the time) sitting on the bench. It made perfect sense to call for Halak to play.

In this case, we have several defensemen playing worse, and they are not getting benched. PK seems to be in the cross hairs. If you think PK is not trying, you don't know PK. The problem is he is trying, and he is now over thinking so much he can't do anything right. A good coach would tweak his game continuously, and slowly, to keep his confidence up while slowly improving his game. I don't see that happening and it worries me.

I hate that the onus gets placed on Martin and not on Subban.

Whether he knows it or not, he is a professional now. I have no problem in Martin telling him that the way he was playing

was unacceptable. If you want Mike Green, then you get bounced in the first round by inferior teams. The Canadiens way was

good enough for Chelios, Desjardins, Schneider etc. You play defense and figure out how to create offense without compromising

the system or you don't play.

That is what ELITE defensemen are made of. If the Habs have to miss the playoffs for Subban to become a perennial Norris trophy

candidate, then so be it. Too much short term thinking, it is quite amazing the hypocrisy on this board in the way fans demanded

Price be benched and then overreact to Subban being benched.

This is on PK to figure it out, just like Price had to come to the realization that he needs to bust his ass to be a great goaltender.

They are very similar in ability. Ward has the same great footwork and he reads the play very well. Price is much bigger and

has the same athleticism. IMO the two of them and Miller are the best 3 goalies in the league.

Next time you watch them look at their head in relation to the puck. They track it better than anybody else in the league.

Follow their eyes and it is always on the puck. Contrast them to Thomas/Anderson and you will see a massive difference.

That is what allows Price/Ward to make those cross crease saves that look like gimmes.

Edited by brobin

I see vets get special treatment on all teams, but I suspect it has everything to do with the communication and explaination.

I fear PK is being asked to change far too much of his game all at once. Would it hurt for our grand coach to actually talk to the players on the bench? Point out something good or something he wants tweaked? JM is a statue back there.

PK seems the wrong player for JMs system, something will have to give, PK will break and become a boring defender, ala Gorges or JM will relent and let PK be dynamic.

Could rookies under JM not bounce back from benchings because they see vets committing murder and getting away with it?

Hey, we can't fire all the players.. I guess we have to fire you. :)

IF the habs lose tonight me and Brian cannot make the next GDT! We've been in a funk, we need someone to step up if we lose...that should be motivation for the win!

Hmmm we can't fire the players? Damnit...and right before xmas too!

This is what urks me about JM, he was just interviewed on TSN and he explained AK coming back into the lineup and when asked about why Weber was in he said paraphrased "Weber is back in." Not a single word about his reasoning, we aren't in the dressing room, so we don't know, but is he this lack of communicating with the players?

Edited by bar

Ok - Hamrlik definitely deserves to be benched for that bonehead play :puke: That was worse then anything from Subban lately!

Also, Price NEEDS to make those saves, not saying it was a gimme, but he seems to lose focus lately, I am no goaltending guru like Wammy, so he'll prolly come and tell me how wrong I am :)

the biggest bonehead move by the habs this year (other then letting Boucher go), was not hiring Robinson as an Assistant Coach. He is EXACTLY what Subban needs and would have been great for weber as well. It's obivious JM has no actual COACHING ability - coaching includes TEACHING and making adjustments to YOUR style to get across to your players.

Brutal by Hammer, bad by Picard, weak by Price (only in the sense that 3 weeks ago, Price makes that save and we are all cheering him).

This team is in a slump, but gomez gets a Birthday goal.. boy we all needed that gift.

It should be his birthday 365 days a year :)

Brutal by Hammer, bad by Picard, weak by Price (only in the sense that 3 weeks ago, Price makes that save and we are all cheering him).

This team is in a slump, but gomez gets a Birthday goal.. boy we all needed that gift.

It was Weber on the ice no?

The puck was bouncing on Hamrlik, still no excuse since if he didn't try that crappy stick fake, he would of been in position to defend properly. I think that Weber played his man very poorly on the play as well, not sure how he was left with enough space to score. The Gomez goal is one that I would like to see more of, quick passes and using speed to break through the defense.

The puck was bouncing on Hamrlik, still no excuse since if he didn't try that crappy stick fake, he would of been in position to defend properly. I think that Weber played his man very poorly on the play as well, not sure how he was left with enough space to score. The Gomez goal is one that I would like to see more of, quick passes and using speed to break through the defense.

I think Gomez surprised Ward by shooting rather then looking around for someone to pass to ^_^

Can tell me how in god's name Gill had the second most ice time in the 1st period, when the habs only had one penalty against them???? Why, why, why???

and hammer on the ice again for goal #2. Spacek with the lousy fly swat. If that was Subban he'd be in Hamilton by now!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

At least Spacek got us a 5 minute major.. they better make good use of it.

surprised darche is not on and AK46 is.

and Ak46 scores!!