GDT: Montreal vs New York, Dec. 26, 2010

bar

What a lazy ass play by Gomez...that play right there deserves him a benching.

veterns are allowed to make lazy plays remember, because they have nothing to learn :wacko:

This sucks, maybe i shouldn't have cancelled my holidays. Being stuck in floods has got to be better then watching this sorry game.

Pleks!

Can't say the habs deserve to be in 3rd anyway. They have played like crap the past 7-10 games, maybe them dropping to 8th could be a wake up call for this team.

what worries me is falling further back. they play the caps next. Price's puck handling last few games has been horrible - could have led to a couple of more goals tonight. The defence is looking tired and worn down. I won't even bother mentioning my opinion of the coaching.

Looks like PK will thrown in again against a good team, when tonight would have been the ideal night to get a player in with something to prove.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

39 shots on net, most nights that's good for 3 goals which would've made this an entirely different animal. The Pacioretty call, a terrible one at that (it was a penalty but deserving of a minor, hardly 5 and a game) did the Habs in tonight. I was reasonably impressed with Weber tonight, he was thinking offence (attempted 13 shots) and couldn't have played the 1st goal much better. With us seeing 'bad Picard' tonight, it was nice to see Weber pick up his game.

Statsheet: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20102011/ES020521.HTM

39 shots on net, most nights that's good for 3 goals which would've made this an entirely different animal. The Pacioretty call, a terrible one at that (it was a penalty but deserving of a minor, hardly 5 and a game) did the Habs in tonight. I was reasonably impressed with Weber tonight, he was thinking offence (attempted 13 shots) and couldn't have played the 1st goal much better. With us seeing 'bad Picard' tonight, it was nice to see Weber pick up his game.

how many of those 39 shots were from the outside? How many actually were with traffic in front of Roloson? the shot count doesn't tell the whole story. Picard should have been sat around 6 games ago.

Its ridiculous that Subban has been benched for 5 games given the D we have. I don't remember the habs benching Chelios this much and he made a lot of mistakes in his first few years. But maybe that's a bad example, he only turned out to be a Norris winner and a future hall of famer. Subban is a guy that will learn from his mistakes, he is not a guy with a bad attitude or work ethic (i.e. Ribeiro, Lats). He also isn't a 19 year old rookie. He is a 21 year old who will make mistakes and needs to play, he should not be sitting on the bench. JM is going to ruin this kid. Eller and Pouliot also looking like they are regressing, you may as well send them to Hamilton before JM messes them up as well, although, I'm not sure Pouliot can be sent down.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

At least my fantasy team can cheer that...thanks for Roloson by the way! :) (How sad is it when I'm happy about getting the #1 on the league's worst team...telling sign about my goalie situation, but I digress.)

(I took the bet that Turco would get more points than Rolly)

how many of those 39 shots were from the outside? How many actually were with traffic in front of Roloson? the shot count doesn't tell the whole story. Picard should have been sat around 6 games ago.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2010020521

When filtered to just the Habs shots, there are about 22-25 in the slot and surrounding area which isn't bad at all. They took a lot from the outside, they just mostly missed the net.

(I took the bet that Turco would get more points than Rolly)

Rolly is only good for about 4 points per game, 3 of those for simply starting...on my team, that's better than most. :(

http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2010020521

When filtered to just the Habs shots, there are about 22-25 in the slot and surrounding area which isn't bad at all. They took a lot from the outside, they just mostly missed the net.

There weren't many shots on Roloson with any traffic in front him. THere was a lot of flubbed chances and lots of shot that Roloson had a clear view of the shot, without any sort of screen.

There weren't many shots on Roloson with any traffic in front him. THere was a lot of flubbed chances and lots of shot that Roloson had a clear view of the shot, without any sort of screen.

That I can't dispute (nor does that game tracker filter to show who was in front) but at least they were shooting from the right areas. Rolly just was at his best tonight. Not saying we'd have won had he not been, but this was not a 3-goal game.

I totally disagree. I think there is at least 2 ways of playing the 1st goal better than he did.

1. Covering Comeau who was the one without the puck. Fawk, don't tell me that he couldn't see that Laps will reach the puck carrier.

2. Don't make that shitty little sweep move with his stick who took him even more out of position.

3. Maybe dive in front of Comeau. But that would probably have resulted in a collision with Price, which is not good at all but could save a goal.

+ I am not really impressed like you with his 5 shots on the net ( vs 8 who were blocked or missed) just because many of the ones who missed the net were coming from the side of the rink and resulted in the puck leaving the offensive zone. This kind of play is one of the plays who frustrate me the most (with dekes on the blueline for an offside and the 3 on 2 dumping).

That being said, I don't blame Weber for the loss, but I blame our incapacity to fawking score goals against a bottom 5 team with a 51 years old goalie.

and, with THAT being said, I will spit in anyone's face if they tell me that having Picard or Weber on the ice over Subban is a good thing. Bring him back and forever.

Gorges plays injured, it is damn obvious.

Hamrlik is tired.

Gill is slow.

Spacek, surprisingly isn't that bad.

The lack there is speed and puck moving. Don't fawking bench our fastest and best puck moving dman. Bottom line.

I need a beer.

I totally disagree. I think there is at least 2 ways of playing the 1st goal better than he did.

1. Covering Comeau who was the one without the puck. Fawk, don't tell me that he couldn't see that Laps will reach the puck carrier.

2. Don't make that shitty little sweep move with his stick who took him even more out of position.

3. Maybe dive in front of Comeau. But that would probably have resulted in a collision with Price, which is not good at all but could save a goal.

+ I am not really impressed like you with his 5 shots on the net ( vs 8 who were blocked or missed) just because many of the ones who missed the net were coming from the side of the rink and resulted in the puck leaving the offensive zone. This kind of play is one of the plays who frustrate me the most (with dekes on the blueline for an offside and the 3 on 2 dumping).

That being said, I don't blame Weber for the loss, but I blame our incapacity to fawking score goals against a bottom 5 team with a 51 years old goalie.

and, with THAT being said, I will spit in anyone's face if they tell me that having Picard or Weber on the ice over Subban is a good thing. Bring him back and forever.

Gorges plays injured, it is damn obvious.

Hamrlik is tired.

Gill is slow.

Spacek, surprisingly isn't that bad.

The lack there is speed and puck moving. Don't fawking bench our fastest and best puck moving dman. Bottom line.

I need a beer.

I agree with most of what you said, with the exception of the Spacek comment. He was BAD like most of the team tonight. The only one who showed any emotion was Gomez, and that was only when he took stupid penalties. Picard doesn't even belong in the press box - he belongs in Hamilton. SUbban and Weber should be in the lineup EVERY game and they should be paired with a vetern.

What I'm hoping is that NJ will clean house with their coaching staff and maybe the Habs braintrust will actually do the smart thing and bring in Robinson to work with Subban and Weber. Not bringing in Robinson, who WANTED to come in as an assistant was even worse then letting boucher go in favor of hanging on to that damn penguin.

The habs have too good 21 year old dmen and they should be doing everything that they can to develop them. Its ridiculous that with Markov our and the the slow, old defense we have that Subban and Weber take turns in the pressbox.

JM needs to stop playing mind games with our young skilled prospects, they all seem like they are playing afraid to make mistakes out of fear of being benched. Every young player under him, other then Pyatt has regressed. If JM has his way, we will be a team of Pyatts.

Young players also need some stability and an oppertunity to try and develop some chemistry. Instead JM seems to pick his lines during the game like TSN has Maggy the monkey pick teams to advance in the playoffs. The players that have natural chemistry are constantly being shuffled around and young players are never given a chance to develop chemistry with their teammates. Hockey is a game of anticipation and the best players anticipate the next move and not just react to what is happening. The way JM shuffles his lines around, there is no oppertunity to develop any chemistry. Its only natural that players are going to regress.

JM has been messing around with Ak46 by shuffling him with a rotation of linemates, when he has obvious chemistry with Pleks and Cammy.

Last year Pouliot came up from Hamilton lighting it up and over time he struggled and was a non-factor in the playoffs. This year, he has gone from a top 6 prospect to a bottom six player, to finally being a JM healthy scratch.

Eller has gone from a potential top 6 to being groomed to be a 3rd line checker. I'd much rather see him in Hamilton. Let him dominate in the AHL and get him the hell away from JM.

Last year MaxPax had no business being on the habs and was being groomed by Martin to be a career checker. He finally got sent down to Hamilton where he should have been 1 1/2 years ago, starts ligting it up this year and comes back showing the promise he was drafted for. It makes me shudder what may become of him given more time under JM.

THose that have brought up Chelios as an example of saying there is nothing wrong with the way the JM is handling Subban have a selective memory. Chelios made lots of mistakes in his first few years and even in his Norris winning year in 89 (?). Even Serge Savard came said as much and has been very critical of the way the habs are handling their most skilled young dman since Chelios (Yes, Markov is a great dman, but was not as good of a player that Subban is as a 21 year old). Subban and Weber should be playing every night. They will make mistakes and must be told what they are doing wrong without them having to play in fear of not playing JM hockey and having their asses nailed to the pressbox. Our young skilled prospects are going to be turned into 3rd or 4th liners or run out of town and end up flourshing elsewhere. The kids we have are not the spoilt brat/lazy 19 year old brats like Ribeiro or Lats. These are 21-22 year olds that are ready to take the next step and need an encouraging coach who isn't going to subject them to stupid mind games and punish them for every mistakes. ITs mind bogglng that the same guy that gave a free pass to a useless pylon like MAB treats Subban like he is the antichrist.

We are always penalized more then the opposition and the reason for that is a lack of discipline or laziness. Some of those penalities are due to the kids, but most are taken by veterns. Under the JM school of coaching, veterens like Hammer/Spacek/GOmez/Cammy can make stupid mistakes or take stupid penalties without any fear of reprisal. When Cammy was suspended for a bonehead action in the preseason he should have been called out for lack of discipline by the coach, instead, JM did nothing and Cammy has taken a lot of stupid penalties. Gomez took two stupid penalites tonight and has taken a lot of bad penalties during the year. Its time JM stop kissing the asses of his veterens, grow a pair and call them out the way he does with rookies.

In the new salary cap era, you need to be able to bring up and integrate your young players faster, but Martin is still suited for the late 90's NHL This is why despite the success in the playoffs, I was hoping the habs would have canned Martin. I just can't see us going to the next level with this dinasour in charge.

JM is a play it safe coach who is going to hold the habs back. They need a guy like White (who is finally healthy again), to bring some spark and contribute offensively. We don't have room for both Pyatt and Moen. Neither are physical, neither have any capacity to contribute offensively unless a puck goes off their asses into the net. But instead, we have Pyatt, Moen, Darche, Laps. Laps clearly is not going to be a consistent hard working agitator, regardless of the hard-on that RDS has for him. He should be the one riding the pine or moved out in favour of a guy like White who showed a lot of heart in training camp. I'd also like to see Desharnais a chance, but not under Martin, since he would probably try and just use him in a checking role.

Anyways, a lot of rambling, but losing 4-1 to the Islanders will do that :angry:

Edited by hab29RETIRED