Poster poll

dlbalr

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we look into modifying the current post count ranking system?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be interested if we scheduled periodic chat nights on non game days?

• Yes
    • No

With the forum changeover nearly done (we're still adding the odd little thing or making a tweak here and there), I wanted to take a moment to get some input on a couple issues sakiqc and I have discussed. The first one is the ranking system, which is dependent on post count. The following is what it currently sits at:

Initiation 0

Novice 50

Atom 100

Peewee 150

Bantam 200

Midget 250

CHL Rookie 300

CHL Star 350

NHL Draft Eligible 400

AHL Tryout 450

AHL Leader 500

NHL Injury Call-up 550

NHL Role Player 600

NHL Regular 650

NHL Power Play 700

NHL Franchise Player 750

NHL All-Star Team 800

NHL Veteran 850

NHL Idol 900

NHL Legend 950

NHL Stanley Cup 1000

NHL Yearbook Cover 1050

NHL Hall of Fame 1100

Long story short, we've been contemplating stretching out the amount of posts between ranking change and/or adding categories.

The second is a quick and easy one. It seems the reception to our new chatroom has been a positive one and we are looking to make use of it more option. As you see in the question title, would you be interested in a chat night, where we try and get 10 or so members out on a non game night and talk Habs? This wouldn't be a regular feature, just something here and there.

If you have any suggestions for either of these or other ideas, please feel free to share them as well.

If you have any suggestions for either of these or other ideas, please feel free to share them as well.

Well if motivation is one of the objectives, maybe establishing some Trophy Case where awarded wares can be showcased...

Let me be the first to nominate dlbalr for MVP.

Overall I love what you guys have done with the forum, kudos!!

One suggestion that I have is a "return to Habs talk" tab at the bottom of the topic and not just at the top. That way you avoid having to scroll all the way to the top to return to the menu.

Also as much as I like the idea of a in game chat, I'm afraid it might signify the end of the Game Day Thread. For us who have been unable to watch the games or listen live, the GDT has been a wonderful place to get the vibe of the game as well ad the tremendous insight of the members of this forum.

One suggestion that I have is a "return to Habs talk" tab at the bottom of the topic and not just at the top. That way you avoid having to scroll all the way to the top to return to the menu.

There is one, actually. It's right above the Start New Topic and Add Reply buttons, along the same line as the 'Share This Topic' options.

Also as much as I like the idea of a in game chat, I'm afraid it might signify the end of the Game Day Thread. For us who have been unable to watch the games or listen live, the GDT has been a wonderful place to get the vibe of the game as well ad the tremendous insight of the members of this forum.

You're not the only one with that concern, I can tell you that (I have the same concerns). In a perfect world, I'd like to see the chat have more of the back and forth banter, the one liners if you will. The GDT would then be for more detailed posts, focusing on certain elements of the game. I can't access the chat archives yet, would it interest you if we could post the archive of the chatroom to read through after each game?

It might not come up on the iPhone cause I still can't find it.

I would totally be for having the game time chats archived. Kinda like watching the game with your buddies even if u can't.

Hope I was of some help!

I don't have an IPhone so I can't speak to whether the feature exists on it or not. If you see a blue bar that says "Currently viewing all posts. Change threshold?," it's be just below that.

I don't have an IPhone so I can't speak to whether the feature exists on it or not. If you see a blue bar that says "Currently viewing all posts. Change threshold?," it's be just below that.

The forum skin for smartphone is completely different than this one. It is much simpler and doesn't have all the features that you'll see on the web-based forum.

Helmethead: at the bottom of the page you should see a "Back to top" link and then on top of the page you'll see a "Back to Habs Talk" link. Or you may just press the back button if you have one, or bookmark the "Habs Talk subforum".

Great work guys! really love the new interface and site. keep up the great work! GO HABSWORLD GO!