2011-12 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

How does that work?

Teams are in the business of developing players. If you get an opportunity to upgrade where your player plays why wouldn't you? it is possible that he is just not a fit where he was, and just needs a change of scenery.

Teams are in the business of developing players. If you get an opportunity to upgrade where your player plays why wouldn't you? it is possible that he is just not a fit where he was, and just needs a change of scenery.

The loaning of players is something you don't see in the AHL too often. It's much more common in the ECHL.

Makes sense, Hamilton needs the depth so they can get better which could help everyone's development!

Abbotsford had too many players, they loaned another player to a different team yesterday as well. Basically, they want to get as many prospects developing in the AHL as possible, this helps them...and Hamilton surely could use a healthy body; Wahl will play tonight apparently.

There was Stewart/Vernace a couple years back as well as Phillipe Sauve.  Those are the only 2 I can remember off the top of my head.

There were also a few years where the Habs had affiliate agreements with Dallas where they took on 3 prospects per year.

Usually the guy being loaned is a longshot/former hotshot that is now on the way out of an organization. Eric Chouinard was loaned to Utah a number of years ago when he was about 22, and soon after he was traded.

You still want your top guys in your own organization. Wahl used to be a pretty decent prospect, but looks like Calgary is losing faith in him and is ready to part ways with him if need be.

Off topic abit but- it appears Curtis Sanford made the right choice- Curtis has had four or five NHL starts (Columbus?) and availed himself quite well- if he keeps it up he may earn himself a backup gig in NHL next year

I hope he gets one!

I am 85% sure Mayer will be bought out this spring.

Unless they're desperate for the contract spot I'm not sure why they'd bother as that would bring him onto the cap. There are a few non-tender candidates among this year's signed players, I think those guys will make room for the new prospect contracts.

Also, some good news injury wise as Lawson, Dumont, Stafford, and Schultz all skated with the team in practice. Not sure what their statuses are for tomorrow though.

Fortier will be back relatively soon but Conboy and Berger are longer-term injuries. Also, watch the site for the second half of the Bulldog grades which will be up either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

According to Canoe -- Engqvist has been reassigned to Hamilton