Wheeling

BlueKross

Winnett is not on Wheeling roster anymore. I think you will see Hamilton send a couple of bodies shortly. Pittsburg I believe has only sent down Killeen. Hope we see a Delmas start tonight. Wheeling is on winning streak but their roster probably will change drastically when Pittsburg and Montreal get healthy. I don't think Malka will hurt them at all.

Ben Winnett was released to make room to newly signed Devin DiDiomete.

As for Delmas, he will start tonight, it was confirmed a week ago.

And you're right for Killeen, so far only him and also a guy under contract with WBS Penguins are in Wheeling.

Delmas sailed through a win the other night. Last night however he was pulled after one when he gave up 4 on eleven shots . I know Wheeling had some late roster moves, that may be part of it. I believe the Everblades are the best team in the ECHL. The game may have been out of control because Killeen (goalie) had a roughing call, and our man Dame-Malka a fighting major + game.

• 2 weeks later...

Nov. 24/ another easy win for Delmas- Coach in Wheeling

Play Delmas= Win

Play Killeen = Lose

---------------------------

Play Delmas/ keep job

I must have Jinxed him/ He has lost two straight/ Killeen with the win in between

• 2 weeks later...

There was a coaching change in Wheeling today as their head coach was promoted to an AHL assistant with Milwaukee - a domino effect with the Kirk Muller hiring by Carolina.

http://www.echl.com/...nailers-p174713

Yeah and I think he got his first win the other day. Hopefully he can bring them around. What we do know about Wheeling is there is precious little help from their affiliates.

Dame-Malka was sent down today after St. Denis was returned to Hamilton so a little help is on the way there.

Delmas gave up five before he was pulled tonight/ Wheeling loses 6-3 against Reading. I don't know if he is hurt or what, but he isn't even close to last years production.

Delmas gave up five before he was pulled tonight/ Wheeling loses 6-3 against Reading. I don't know if he is hurt or what, but he isn't even close to last years production.

He left that game because he fell and hit his head on the ice, out indefinitely with a second concussion (had one during training camp, either with Habs or Dogs)

Turns out, unbeknownst to Delmas, he had suffered his second concussion in three months during the previous period. He didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time and remained in the game, but it didn't take much time for signs to present themselves.

''I don't really remember when it happened. I kind of stretched out to make a save, had my arm pulled back and fell back and my head landed on the ice,'' Delmas said. ''In between periods I took some advil and the pain in my head went away.

http://www.theintelligencer.net/page/content.detail/id/563293/Delmas-is-Recovering.html

• 2 weeks later...

Delmas started tonight after being on IR / I believe he was concussed in rookie camp and that has followed him till now, even though he played some games/ Anyway Killeen has been called up to Wilkes/Barrie, so it will be interesting to see how many of the three games this weekend that Delmas gets. Wishing him the best!

Delmas started tonight after being on IR / I believe he was concussed in rookie camp and that has followed him till now, even though he played some games/ Anyway Killeen has been called up to Wilkes/Barrie, so it will be interesting to see how many of the three games this weekend that Delmas gets. Wishing him the best!

Apparently it may have been a second concussion.. as he hit his head against the ice in one of the games.

Apparently it may have been a second concussion.. as he hit his head against the ice in one of the games.

He got the win. Second concussion/come back to early whatever. I am just trying to give him a pass on what has transpired so far in his play. I am one that believes he should have been in Hamilton this year over Mayers. I don't think that is going to happen now because Mayers has played pretty good so far.

Mayers is better than last year, but he still puts up stinkers.

I agree I'd rather have Delmas in Hamilton.

However i think the organization's thinking is that Delmas plays more as the starter in Wheeling than he would as the backup in Hamilton.... at least thats what I hope it is, because I really can't see how anyone can evaluate Mayer as the better goalie.

Delmas got another win in OT last night against Toledo. He did play all three games on the weekend for Wheeling. In the game last night of interest was that P. Zanette showed up with a goal and assist for Toledo. That is the first I have heard of him since he left Hamilton. Wheeling is doing good. Delmas is healthy and getting plenty of work.

It seems as if the Habs' days in Wheeling could be numbered after this year. The team is up for sale and if they don't find a buyer (they seem to be insisting on local ownership at that), the team will cease operations.

Thats too bad for Wheeling.

How much for the team?

• 3 weeks later...