Abbotsford vs Hamilton, October 30, 3 PM EST

dlbalr

Whoops, forgot this was an early start. A little late but Hamilton looks to rebound against the Heat.

abb09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Krys Kolanos (4)

Assists: Ben Walter (5)

PIMS: Paul Byron (26)

+/-: Armstrong/Kolanos (+1)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Philip DeSimone (3)

Assists: Brian Willsie (5)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (35)

+/-: Dany Masse (+3)

Puck drop was a while ago but can still be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Bulldogs trail 3-1 in the 2nd. Lawson started but was pulled after the first, I suspect he had an injury. Mayer is now in...and has coughed up 2 in less than 7 minutes. Fortier has the Hamilton goal. Lefebvre is in for Berger.

Why does Mayer play?

Because Lawson appears to have gotten hurt at some point in the first. Wasn't a pretty finish to say the least though at one point it looked like it could've been interesting as Engqvist made it 3-2 early on. FitzGerald with an abuse of officials penalty in the latter stages of the 3rd, that moves him back into 3rd in the league in that category with games in hand on the top two.

On the flip side, Mark Mitera's -8 ranks him 828th in the AHL. As you probably guessed, that gives him a share of dead last.

Final score....6-2 Abbotsford. Here is the game scoring recap: http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1008772

Here is my take from attending the game this afternoon....

1 -- Robert Mayer sucks playing goal.

2 -- Robert Mayer actually made a pretty good kick save in the 2nd period. I am calling the Guinness Book of World Records and see if I can get him in the record books for making a save. Robert Mayer still sucks playing goal.

3 -- Peter Delmas should be recalled from Wheeling. Robert Mayer sucks playing goal.

4 -- I am going to call David Andrews, the President of the AHL and see if I can get a trophy named after Robert Mayer. This trophy will be presented to the goalie who has the worst playing record during the season.

• Upvote 1

LOL at how Mayer looked. You know the answer to that one. :wall:

Lawson got run over about the mid-point of the 1st period. It was at the other end of the ice from where I sit so I did not get a good look, but he might have taken an elbow to the head and have a slight concussion ???? There has been no official word yet, but Lawson was standing in the player's tunnel from the Bulldogs bench which leads into the dressing room area after he was replaced by mayer in goal. So, I would say that the injury is not too severe (hopefully this was just a precausionary thing).

On the flip side, Mark Mitera's -8 ranks him 828th in the AHL. As you probably guessed, that gives him a share of dead last.

This disappoints me. Is he playing poorly, having a bad run of luck, or is playing so many minutes that, in losses like this, it's inevitable that he gets these kinds of numbers? I was somewhat hopeful when we picked him up that he could turn it around and become what many had projected when he was drafted.

This disappoints me. Is he playing poorly, having a bad run of luck, or is playing so many minutes that, in losses like this, it's inevitable that he gets these kinds of numbers? I was somewhat hopeful when we picked him up that he could turn it around and become what many had projected when he was drafted.

Well he was -3 in 'Mayer time' today which skews it a little. He also plays a lot with FitzGerald who is to put it nicely, extremely mediocre defensively; he's the team's enforcer. As a result, he doesn't exactly have a lot of offensive opportunities to improve the +/-. Think of Pyatt with the Habs, he was good defensively but because his line often had no offensive ability, their +/- was typically one of the team's worst.

Killeen is going to love Mayers in Wheeling, because he will get most of the starts.

I actually think this is why Delmas is in Wheeling. The team knows Mayer sucks and tries to limit his starts as much as possible, so they sign a workhorse like Lawson who is expected to get 80% of the games, meanwhile Delmas stays sharp as the number 1 in Wheeling.If Lawson is hurt, watch Delmas come up as the main AHL guy and Mayer will remain backup.

I actually think this is why Delmas is in Wheeling. The team knows Mayer sucks and tries to limit his starts as much as possible, so they sign a workhorse like Lawson who is expected to get 80% of the games, meanwhile Delmas stays sharp as the number 1 in Wheeling.If Lawson is hurt, watch Delmas come up as the main AHL guy and Mayer will remain backup.

That actually makes sense...

That actually makes sense...

Buffalo did that with Enroth/Lalime last year. Lalime was the backup to Miller, but never started a game after December. Whenever Miller needed a break they'd call up Enroth and then send him back down.

Buffalo did that with Enroth/Lalime last year. Lalime was the backup to Miller, but never started a game after December. Whenever Miller needed a break they'd call up Enroth and then send him back down.

Lalime oh how far you fell :P

From any report I heard, Delmas outplayed all the goalies in pre season until he got hurt. Now thats just hearsay, but if accurate, you would think he is just in Wheeling to regroup. He has only played one game, so I don't know if he is ready yet. Hopefully Lawson is healthy and they don't have to make decision just yet.

From any report I heard, Delmas outplayed all the goalies in pre season until he got hurt. Now thats just hearsay, but if accurate, you would think he is just in Wheeling to regroup. He has only played one game, so I don't know if he is ready yet. Hopefully Lawson is healthy and they don't have to make decision just yet.

If Lawson is actually injured it could be a great chance for Delmas to step forward