Trade Value of: Travis Moen

dlbalr

I've said all along the Habs absolutely should have sussed out Kostitsyn's camp to figure out what his salary expectations are, as part of the preamble to this trade deadline. If they haven't, that's just negligent GMing in my book.

Unless Kostitsyn comes out sometime this summer and says he wanted to sign for 3.5 but the Habs never contacted him, we will never know whether or not Habs29 is right. I doubt that this will stop Habs29 from using this as still more 'proof' of Gauthier's boobery. Which, to me, is simply not valid. It's a criticism rooted in a complete hypothetical based on a player's cliché remarks to the media one night in February.

In the case of Wiz we KNEW that the Habs had never even approached him about re-signing, because Wisniewski said so after the fact. This is not yet a comparable situation and can't legitimately be used to attack management.

The day Andrei Kostitsyn gets traded is the day I breathe a sigh of relief and happy to never have to watch Andrei Kostitsyn float on by Modest Mouse, string a few good performances in a row and then hear a bunch of Hab fans claim he's back to his 30 goal scoring potential. You know, because he never scored more than Chris Higgins and Tomas Plekanec but is still protected just because he throws a few nice hits a season.

I've been fine with him in a third line role but I'd much prefer a guy score around the same amount of goals with a better game instead of Andrei's "I'd rather be a second liner without the responsibility" type play. I just can't stand seeing a player with such a terrible case of "Never learns".

Plus trading him probably means a few less surprise goals from him at the end of the season to slide into a top three pick.

ANYWAY, Moen. I guess Montreal is going to hold onto him until a team makes a crazy offer. They need Gaustad and Ott off the market before it's going to happen.