Sports reporters biggest hypocrites?

TurdBurglar

So as you all may of read about already, Tim Thomas made another statement on Facebook regarding his personal beliefs. I was reading it on TSN.ca, then watched the video they provided. Multiple times the reporters asked about the comments and wanted him to elaborate on it. Multiple times he responded with, "that's my personal life and it has nothing to do with the Bruins or hockey." Finally he said if there are any other questions about the comments he's going to end the interview. Next question was about the comments, Thomas walked away.

Now, on to the hypocrisy. I scrolled down to comment on the article and to my surprise, there's no comment section. Isn't it ironic that reporters find it unacceptable for Thomas to not comment on their questions, yet make it so the public can't comment on their story when you can comment on every other story?

He has a right to state them, but reporters have the right to ask about it to. He can't pretend he is just some unknown guy with an opinion. He is a well known sports figure whose opinion influences kids who look up to him. For this reason, his opinions are open to question by reporters.

He does have the right to not answer the questions if he likes. If I was a reporter I would ask him about it to start every scrum. :)

Oh one other point.. Thomas doesn't have a closed facebook page for his friends and family. His is a public page.. so they are public statements.

I would take his view more seriously if he was restricting his wall to his friends.