Andrei Markov placed on Active Roster

Commandant

I just dont see how a team can dress Markov Subban Kabs and Diaz all as regulars. I dont like a Kaberle - Diaz pair either, like I said in the other thread he needs a stay at home partner where they work together to cover their partner's weakness.

But even if you are right, a 7th like Shane OBrien would still help in those 55-60 games.

I could see a GM coming in, buying out Gomez through the new CBA, buying out Kaberle for a $1.5M cap hit if he can't trade him and then adding a decent enough stay at home D-Man to work with Diaz. St. Denis could come up when needed as the seventh D-man.

However, as things are now, I don't see Diaz playing less than a full season and I don't see Kaberle sitting on the bench much unless our new coach decides it so. Therefore a Kaberle/Diaz pairing and a lack of toughness on the third pair.

I just dont see how a team can dress Markov Subban Kabs and Diaz all as regulars. I dont like a Kaberle - Diaz pair either, like I said in the other thread he needs a stay at home partner where they work together to cover their partner's weakness.

But even if you are right, a 7th like Shane OBrien would still help in those 55-60 games.

well the solution is simple BIG Hal Gill is a ufa, sign him back for another year he can look after kabs or diaz he's def big and def stay at home defence ;)

well the solution is simple BIG Hal Gill is a ufa, sign him back for another year  he can look after kabs or diaz he's def big and def stay at home defence ;)

I love Gill but he's gotten too slow 5 on 5, I also want a guy who hits with that size.

well the solution is simple BIG Hal Gill is a ufa, sign him back for another year  he can look after kabs or diaz he's def big and def stay at home defence ;)

I love Gill but he's gotten too slow 5 on 5, I also want a guy who hits with that size. We need to stop other teams cycling on us and Gill wasnt doing that.

There's nothing wrong with having a surplus of quality D. Indeed, that's how you win, especially in the playoffs. We need a reliable defensive defenceman and if that makes Diaz a #7, so be it.

I love Gill but he's gotten too slow 5 on 5, I also want a guy who hits with that size. We need to stop other teams cycling on us and Gill wasnt doing that.

sorry I was kidding.

Right now we have Subban, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Weber, kaberle all set to return. So essentially our 7 D are already set and man are they ever soft.

Personally I would be looking hard to offload Kaberle if it can be done which I have serious doubts and then one of Weber/Diaz and I would also mix around the D-pairings. I know Emelin has been used on the right side but he's struggled there. He needs to be playing on the left.

Personally if Markov is healthy then I would be dressing Markov-Gorges then Emelin-Subban as my top 2 pairings. Since I doubt Kaberle can be dealt he'd be on my 3rd pairing with a big strong right handed D-man as a utility guy. Nothing special just a decent stay at home guy with some size who can add depth. Someone who can be taken out of the line-up to fit in Diaz and play limited minutes. Someone like a Sarich, Commodore, Eminger, Carkner, or if we wanted someone to play more than just a rotating shift then one of either Aucoin or Kubina.

Right now we have Subban, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Weber, kaberle all set to return. So essentially our 7 D are already set and man are they ever soft.

Personally I would be looking hard to offload Kaberle if it can be done which I have serious doubts and then one of Weber/Diaz and I would also mix around the D-pairings. I know Emelin has been used on the right side but he's struggled there. He needs to be playing on the left.

Personally if Markov is healthy then I would be dressing Markov-Gorges then Emelin-Subban as my top 2 pairings. Since I doubt Kaberle can be dealt he'd be on my 3rd pairing with a big strong right handed D-man as a utility guy. Nothing special just a decent stay at home guy with some size who can add depth. Someone who can be taken out of the line-up to fit in Diaz and play limited minutes. Someone like a Sarich, Commodore, Eminger, Carkner, or if we wanted someone to play more than just a rotating shift then one of either Aucoin or Kubina.

Weber should be as good as gone. It was reported he was involved in a deal on deadline day that fell through.

As for an Emelin - Subban pairing, my only concern is that both can take themselves out of position to go for a big hit, and that could lead to some bad defensive breakdowns...

...or the opposing team will just refuse to pass our blueline when they are on the ice, and let's face it... that kind of trap hockey is just boring! :P

Sarich Commodore Carkner Kubina, etc... these guys are brutal. I'd want better than anyone named there

I'd consider a guy like Colin White for a sixth/seventh veteran guy. I doubt we're going to get an early 30s top four defender unless it's maybe a guy like Michel Roszival. Who I wouldn't mind. I see him a lot like Hamrlik. He's Czech too!

White I like if we only want a #6

Id prefer a 20 minute guy, just cant trust Markov yet

Rozsival is almost a 20 minute guy, used to be a 20 minute guy and used to be an offensive D-man. Might not be the most attractive choice but like I said, it's like getting Hamrlik back.

I'd consider a guy like Colin White for a sixth/seventh veteran guy. I doubt we're going to get an early 30s top four defender unless it's maybe a guy like Michel Roszival. Who I wouldn't mind. I see him a lot like Hamrlik. He's Czech too!

White I like if we only want a #6

Id prefer a 20 minute guy, just cant trust Markov yet

White is the second best player on the WINGS.

just ask the players.

Just a thought from left field, but what say our new GM and coach took a new approach and said we're going to build an offense first team. We'll keep all our so called soft puck moving d men and build a game around them. I know we haven't got the forwards to play this game yet, but we could draft and trade towards it. Would this be too horrible to contemplate?

I kind of like the idea of not following the big is always better trend and building our own style, and saying damn the torpedoes. If you score 4 goals we'll get 5.

(null)

I'm always a fan of balance. A team that is well rounded and can do a lot of things. Thats why I say you dont go overboard and dump all the puck movers, but the worst of the group Campoli and Weber should go to be replaced by 1 guy with defence and size.

I still think with Markov, Subban, Kaberle and Diaz transition and puck movement will be a staple of the team. In fact I doubt many other teams in the NHL can match the offensive ability of that D, maybe just Nashville and Detroit right now? Plus I think Emelin has some offensive ability that we'll slowly begin to see next year.

But the D needs some balance to it and that means it needs at least 1 physical player.