Palushaj: Keep him or turf him?

dlbalr

Why arnt they playing Palushaj and Blunden more minutes? Shouldnt this be perfect opportunity to see what they can do with a regular shift vs NHL competition if given 15+minutes?

And Engqvist should be a perfect 4th line centre, if he was just a bit better on faceoffs, which is fixable? but love his size and defensive smarts and am friggin tired of every year rotating in a new smallish 4th line centre like Moore/Halpern/the Finn etc .

Engqvist offense has even ramped way up in just his 2nd pro year, not sure why he wouldnt fit in that 8-10 minute role and PK duty?

But if he goes back to Sweden, so be it and i gues the next one i maybe will pull for to develop will be Nattenin i guess.

But Bournival or White will likely step into that 4th line centre role quickly enough.

Engqvist's age is the issue, yeah he's a second year north american player but he's not a 2nd year pro. He hasn't proved worthy of a spot.

Thee Habs can't guarantee him an NHL job. Best they can do is say "we'll give you a chance to win one". At his age he probably wants the money and job security of sweden.

As for the last C, I'd make Dom Moore a ufa offer come the summer.

Engqvist's age is the issue, yeah he's a second year north american player but he's not a 2nd year pro. He hasn't proved worthy of a spot.

Thee Habs can't guarantee him an NHL job. Best they can do is say "we'll give you a chance to win one". At his age he probably wants the money and job security of sweden.

As for the last C, I'd make Dom Moore a ufa offer come the summer.

No, not Moore! really? Could be worse i suppose, but i would rather see a bigger young guy at a low salary get the job for once.

Moore was at like 1.1 million the last two years, not a huge salary; plus he's not that old, he's like 29 or 30 or something (on my phone, can't check).

I really like the job Moore did on the 2010 team, but I bet he goes somewhere he's a third liner instead of a fourth liner.

Moore was at like 1.1 million the last two years, not a huge salary; plus he's not that old, he's like 29 or 30 or something (on my phone, can't check).

I really like the job Moore did on the 2010 team, but I bet he goes somewhere he's a third liner instead of a fourth liner.

Yes and he was great in Tampa, I have yet to see him as a shark.

I think the team really wants a right handed centre... which is why Engqvist and Nokelainen have been given chances. Both Leblanc and White are RH and seem to be getting opportunities here late in the year at centre... but I think the team will target a right handed veteran centre, as I like both of those guys better as wingers.

I think Nattinen and Pribyl are the only ones in our system that might possibly have top six potential.  Even one of them becoming a third liner would be great.

I was more betting we are looking for a RH vet to anchor the fourth line, instead of say Nokelainen next year.

I think Nattinen and Pribyl are the only ones in our system that might possibly have top six potential. Even one of them becoming a third liner would be great.

Nattenin is unlikely ever to be top-6 and is strictly a defensive forward i think.

Pribyl isnt even playing full time in Czech elitle league yet i dont think? Still very early to predict much, but even Plekanec put in over 200 games in the AHL before making it, so we can hope for the best and Pribyl coming over after 2012-13 season and then see how he does in AHL, love his size at least.