Habs vs Hurricanes, Sept. 20, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

The Habs travel to Quebec tonight to take on the Hurricanes (who are the host team). Many tickets are still available apparently.

extralarge.png

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Collberg
Prust - Galchenyuk - Thomas
Bournival - Holland - McCarron
Tarnasky - Dumont - Blunden

Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Pateryn
Dietz - Nygren

Budaj

Tokarski

extralarge.png

Bowman - E. Staal - Semin
Ruutu - Nash - Dalpe
Boychuk - Sutter - Palushaj
Blanchard - Welsh - Westgarth

Gleason - Corrente
Harrison - Komisarek
Sekera - Faulk

Ward

Peters

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS, TSN 690 on the radio.

I know absolutely nothing about Tarnasky.

He hits a lot and fights a lot (in the minors more than the big league). He has 245 games of NHL experience and had a career high of 26 points in the minors last year. I don't think he's really in the running for a roster spot unless Parros were to go down.

If Holland still being in camp isn't an indictment on Leblanc, then I don't know what is. Just an aside. Here's question: Four out of six of those defenders could very well be NHL ready; does Montreal have the best defensive depth in hockey?

If Holland still being in camp isn't an indictment on Leblanc, then I don't know what is. Just an aside. Here's question: Four out of six of those defenders could very well be NHL ready; does Montreal have the best defensive depth in hockey?

I'd only have Subban and Gorges as NHL ready. Tinordi needs another part year to become more comfortable playing a physical style and work on his skill game, Pateryn was out of place in his stint last year and struggled a bit down the stretch in Hamilton, and Nygren/Dietz need defensive refinement.

In terms of depth, I think Columbus could give the Habs a run. They have quite a few players right on the cusp (St-Denis was among their first cuts), it will be interesting to see how they figure out the last couple of spots on their roster (some need waivers, others don't). The Habs are near the top though...provided the youngsters keep developing.

He hits a lot and fights a lot (in the minors more than the big league). He has 245 games of NHL experience and had a career high of 26 points in the minors last year. I don't think he's really in the running for a roster spot unless Parros were to go down.

Sounds like my kind of guy. How much to get him at my next birthday party?

Bournival looks like a really good player. Third goal of the preseason, and he's got serious speed.

Not like my opinion matters, but I really need to see something out of Collberg. He's on the best line in the franchise right now, and I just noticed him for the first time on the goal montage before commercial.

What's with the Canes wearing uni's that my local peewee club has? Those rankle of amateur hour.

I actually don't mind the uniforms, they're better than what Buffalo just unveiled. Those are their new road jerseys though.

Not like my opinion matters, but I really need to see something out of Collberg. He's on the best line in the franchise right now, and I just noticed him for the first time on the goal montage before commercial.

I thought Collberg got better as the period went on.

McCarron has looked a little rough, but one thing I've noticed is that he's going right to the front of the net and battling against men.

That's a hard skill to learn, and to see him doing it against men and not just juniors is encouraging.

• Upvote 1

McCarron has looked a little rough, but one thing I've noticed is that he's going right to the front of the net and battling against men.

That's a hard skill to learn, and to see him doing it against men and not just juniors is encouraging.

He is not very fast, but has good balance on his skates. And I like his hands.

• Upvote 1

Here's hoping for a strong outing from Tokarski. This may very well be his one game before hitting waivers (late in camp).

yeah I am really interested to see how he does. Looks good so far. Keep that s thing going.