Habs vs Hurricanes, Sept. 20, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I don't know if its just me, but I watched most of the game, and thought Holland had a very strong game, thought he was one of our better players out there, yet nobody seems to be mentioning him. Also, I know his skating was good last year, but Galchenyuk seems to be flying out there, and he looks more fluid out there. Again, is that just me, or did anyone else notice?

Holland stood out to me among the kids, he and Bournival should lead Bulldogs up front this year, again. Both are good defensively, Holland is super shot blocker for a forward.

Dietz, McCarron and Collberg all seemed to play OK, but still works in progress for sure. Don't think Dietz has played vs any Eric Stall's in junior, Collberg seemed to have trouble getting open (vs a weak Hurricane lineup) and McCarron got flattened by an average sized NHLer.

Pacioretty really seems quick and ready for season.

Just how big a season will Subban have? 20+goals seems reasonable target.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know if its just me, but I watched most of the game, and thought Holland had a very strong game, thought he was one of our better players out there, yet nobody seems to be mentioning him. Also, I know his skating was good last year, but Galchenyuk seems to be flying out there, and he looks more fluid out there. Again, is that just me, or did anyone else notice?

Nothing stood out with Holland.

Hopefully the "let's bring back Komisarek" opinions are officially put to rest.

You won't hear that out of me anymore, he looked terrible. Just a shell of his former self. The Tarnasky fight was an embarrassment, he tried to go with everyone, and that's what happens? He should be embarrassed.

I don't know if its just me, but I watched most of the game, and thought Holland had a very strong game, thought he was one of our better players out there, yet nobody seems to be mentioning him.

I thought Holland was much better last night than in his first game. He and Bournival played together in Hamilton last year at times and that level of familiarity showed. I didn't bother writing about him as I don't think he's being considered for a final forward spot. (That same reason is why I didn't mention Dietz who I also thought played well, particularly since he was playing on his wrong side.)

The Tarnasky fight was an embarrassment, he tried to go with everyone, and that's what happens? He should be embarrassed.

That's why he fights a lot more in the minors than in the NHL. He's a much better pugilist on the farm and that's why I don't think he's really in contention for a spot unless Parros gets hurt during the year.