Sept. 26, Ottawa vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's the final game of the preseason! That alone might be dancing banana worthy. Ottawa travels to the Bell Centre to take on the Habs - will the second game of a back-to-back one again prove to be chippier?

extralarge.png

Conacher - Smith - Stone

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Puempel

Dziurzynski - Grant - Robinson

Kassian - O'Brien - Lazar

Claesson - Borowiecki

Cowen - Wideman

Sdao - Ceci

Anderson

Lehner

extralarge.png

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Bournival - White

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Diaz

Bouillon - Beaulieu

Price

Budaj

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS, TSN 690 on the radio.

Tinordi finally gets a night off. Beaulieu gets another game, but I don't see there being anything he can do to avoid going back down. I guess they just want to see a little more of him.

And the forgotten man, Drewiske, remains forgotten.

Well, considering the quality of the lineups, that was a disappointing first period. The Sens are out-hustling the Habs, Price has made several strong saves already. I'm a little concerned with the Eller line when it comes to the defensive zone. They keep leaking out before control has been attained; it came back to bite them on the Ottawa goal and they did it again the very next shift.

It has been a timid game compared to yesterday although that's probably a good thing.

It'll heat up. White is in the game, after all.

I still gotta take Desharnais over Eller in offensive situations, Eller is great off the rush, which leads to more exciting goals, but everytime he carries the puck over the blue line it's an adventure. He can't maintain possession, unless he skates 360 degrees across the offensive zone.

That was a much better period, especially in the latter stages where there was a lot more assertiveness and confidence from the Eller and Plekanec lines. That's what I was hoping to see in this one (and most importantly, no injuries).

Does anyone know if that's the new goal song?

It was used in the playoffs last year. I'm not sure if it will be the regular season one though.

Guest Stogey24

Looking at the ice time breakdown, the 3rd and 4th lines have nearly identical TOI's so far tonight. That's a tad surprising.

I don't see the Eller line staying together. Just my opinion though.

I don't see the Eller line staying together. Just my opinion though.

I don't see any of the lines staying together. The biggest surprise would be the current configurations lasting 10 straight games.

The exception being Desharnais-Pacioretty which will only be split up if a meteorite hits Therrien's head.