Laraque-Enqvist-Parros

Dumont

Komisarek-Diaz

Bouillon-Murray

O'Byrne-Weber

Picard

Theodore

Auld

I guess the guys this year are all right after all.

The one guy I wouldn't mind seeing back is Higgins. He shoots like a maniac.

The problem with Higgins happens with a lot of players. We had much higher expectations than his actual ability. He was a 20 goal scorer when we gave him huge minutes and great people next to him but on his own he just wasn't going to perform like that. Injuries also cut down his peak potential. He's now a perfectly serviceable third line forward.

Also, look at Higgin's profile picture on NHL.com. That does not look like a 30 year old: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470274

Well, Higgins went through 2-3 years where he was a marginal player. I think there were deeper problems there than just fans' inflated expectations - either he lost all confidence, or he had serious maturity/partying issues of the sort that were rumoured to characterize the young bucks of Gainey Rebuild 1.0 and probably played a role in the disaster of 2008-09. When he got to Van, he was basically on his last chance, and Vigneault has been quoted as saying he was "ready to listen" (implying that this hadn't always been the case). There's no question that now he is fully back to being the player he was in his good years with us: a fleet-footed all-purpose forward who plays a 200-foot game and can serve for occasional spells in the top-6. Good to see.

Guest Stogey24

The problem with Higgins happens with a lot of players. We had much higher expectations than his actual ability. He was a 20 goal scorer when we gave him huge minutes and great people next to him but on his own he just wasn't going to perform like that. Injuries also cut down his peak potential. He's now a perfectly serviceable third line forward.

Also, look at Higgin's profile picture on NHL.com. That does not look like a 30 year old: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470274

Lol, I think he was doing a little boozing the night before that picture was taken.