Nov. 22/23, Crunch vs Bulldogs home-and-home

dlbalr

CCV12110926_Crunch_v_Bulldogs.JPG

For reasons that defy logic, the Bulldogs (6-7-3) find themselves in Montreal tonight to take on Syracuse (9-4-2). I'm not sure whose idea it was to put Hamilton at the Bell Centre on the same night that the Habs are on the road, that's a terrible way to build up fan support. The rubber match of this home-and-home is in Syracuse tomorrow.

Projected Syracuse Lines:
(based on +/- data from last game)

Gauthier - Namestnikov - Kucherov

Paradis - Paquette - Rankin

Tyrell - Angelidis - Walker

Olson - Richard - Nielson

Mormina - Witkowski

Sergeev - Cote

Henry - Landry

Desjardins

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Nystrom - St. Pierre - Thomas
Courtnall - Dumont - Blunden
Tarnasky - Macenauer - Leblanc
Quailer - MacAulay - Nattinen

Tinordi - Pateryn
Beaulieu - Ellis
McIver - Schiestel

Tokarski (I hope)

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

With six minutes left in the first, the two teams have combined for six shots (three apiece). One of these days, a Bell Centre game will be an entertaining one, there have been a few duds along the way.

Small crowd I assume?

Dogs up 3-0 at the end of two. Blunden, Ellis, and Dumont with goals. Don-I think DW mentioned around 8,000

Dogs up 3-0 at the end of two. Blunden, Ellis, and Dumont with goals. Don-I think DW mentioned around 8,000

Nice to see some offense and I assume Torkarski is playing well?

yep-third game in a row. Finally, a number one goaltender

What is it with the Habs and Bulldogs mirroring each other lately? The other day, Hamilton won in a shootout with a player who had yet to score (Dumont). Tonight, both the Hab and Bulldog who scored the SO winner scored while one other player picked up their first of the year. 4-1 is the final and the Bulldogs are back at a .500 point %. :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1011346

I'm not updating the first post, it'd pretty much be the same as yesterday, less the preamble about the dumb idea to put the Bulldogs playing at the same time as the Habs and hoping for high attendance. (Frankly, 8,002 was more than I expected.)

The second half of the home-and-home goes tonight at 7. Even though it's a back-to-back, Tokarski gets the start again. Excellent.

quite the difference in a week-nice to see Stumpy Jr get his first goal as a Dog. Dustin has definitely made it known by his actions, who is the number one goalie

3-0 final. Dustin stops over 40 shots :Bulldogs:

This is all positive. Going in we knew that the team would have to grow a bit, because of the lack of experience and not having any high end experienced AHL scorers. It seems to be a lunch pail group. I believe health has a lot to do with it, as the players are starting to play with each other on a consistent bases as opposed to back and forth to Montreal. Looking forward to them dialing it up for the playoff run.