Dec. 7/13, Hamilton vs Toronto

dlbalr

Andrighetto_Marlies.jpg

For the seventh (and mercifully final) time in this stretch, it's a North Division matchup. The Bulldogs (12-10-3) will look to hold onto 1st place as they host the recall-depleted Marlies (12-9-1).

Projected Toronto Lines:
(based on +/- data from previous games)

Ross - Crescenzi - Abbott

Leivo - Carrick - Devane

Nagy - Broll - Bodie

Staubitz - Smithson - Biggs

Brennan - Marshall

MacWilliam - Granberg

Holzer - Percy

MacIntyre

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Owens - Dumont - Blunden
Holland - St. Pierre - Nattinen
Tarnasky - Macenauer - Leblanc
Zurevinski - Fournier

Beaulieu - Pateryn
Tinordi - Dietz
McIver - Ellis
Chouinard

Mayer

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen. The game is also available on Cable 14 in Hamilton.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Mayday comes up with a good game.

:Bulldogs:

Can you paraphrase?

Breezer said

Bennett was a solid prospect and his defensive play was improving.

Josiah Didier is a big kid, 6'2 or 3" and 215-220lb and is a improving physical stay at home d-man for Denver.

Tinordi was "awesome"

Pateryn was doing well.

Ellis was set back by injury last year and struggled but is playing better this year.

Dietz was set back by wrist injury but played a good game.

Also Bob McGill commented on Hamilton d-core and basically said Pateryn/Tinordi/Beaulieu should be good NHL d-men.

• Upvote 1

I really liked the Bennett pick at the time so I'm hoping he surprises people.

I just find it hard to judge how a NCAA player stacks up to a CHL player, who plays twice the games, but vs teenagers.

Bennett maybe like Diaz, but better skater.

I thought Josiah Didier was not progressing well in Colorado, but ol#43 seemed quite excited when speaking of Didier, as he was about Tinordi, who seems to have cranked up his physical game lately; but still 1 year in weight room away from being impact/solid NHLer, be my guess. I think a 230lb version of the Tin-Man (as milkin called him) will be a great addition to backend next fall.

But he didnt mention Beaulieu, which I am not sure if just too many d-kids to touch on in an interview, or simply not big on his play at present?

Stay at home defencemen like Didier are really hard to judge in college. You'll see a low stat total but that can sometimes correlate to a lousy player, or a true stay at home guy.

Just in few games i saw him play last year, he seemed like just a 3rd pairing and zero special teams guy.

Didier is one of the best defensive defencemen in his conference. I have high hopes for his game to translate to the AHL.

Didn't know that and when Brisbois mentioned him as one kid who is developing well, I was also surprised and is very good to hear. Have only seen him play a few times and he never stood out, nor seemed to play much?

2 smart signings today eh?

Pateryn (+13), Ellis (+8) and Beaulieu (-1)

Is Beaulieu's defense still not as it should be; or was the Habs demotion/call-up yo-yo a big hit to his confidence and he should improve as season goes on?

2 smart signings today eh?

Pateryn (+13), Ellis (+8) and Beaulieu (-1)

Is Beaulieu's defense still not as it should be; or was the Habs demotion/call-up yo-yo a big hit to his confidence and he should improve as season goes on?

Yep, the signings were smart. I'd have had no issue giving McIver the rest of the year too, actually.

Beaulieu had a really bad stretch in mid-November, -8 in 5 games. Since then, he's +7 in 8 games and hasn't been a minus player in any of those. That 5 game stretch is skewing his numbers somewhat.

there were a few really frustrating things about this game besides the Dogs not icing their #1 lineup due to injury and the veteran rule. Fans wearing the blue and white and cheap beer are not a good mix-too many glass beaters.

Toys were tossed on the ice when the Marlies scored goals! The PA announcer made an announcement that Hamilton would receive a delay of game penalty if this happened again. It was the freaking Leaf (I hesitate to say Marlie fans as there were very few) fans throwing the toys on the ice during the Marlie goals. This only encouraged them!

The Marlie games really bring out a different kind of fan and I don't mean it in a good way. A lot of folks who don't appear to have two nickels to rub together making numerous runs of $9.75 tall boys -the mind boggles. Hockey etiquette like waiting for a whistle just goes out the window and the ushers are powerless. I wonder sometimes if the whole vision is to sell hockey or sell beer?

Rumour which Brian may have previously mentioned to the effect that Mayer got the start as he will be soon departing for the Spengler Cup.

We left with a few minutes to go so heard the end of the play by play. They were going on about how four teams now tied for first with 27 points. I;m not sure if it indicates parity or a weak division.

Rumour which Brian may have previously mentioned to the effect that Mayer got the start as he will be soon departing for the Spengler Cup.

I'm not sure that was the reason he got the start. Mayer won his last 2, they went with the hot hand. Mayer won't have to leave for a while yet, the tournament starts the 26th.