2013-14 NHL Playoffs Thread

dlbalr

LA has had some good fortune in this series against the Rangers. They get a pair of OT goals to win a pair of games they never led (and frankly, I thought the Rangers deserved at least one of those two) and now get a last second buzzer beater in the first period tonight.

With New York winning on Wednesday, this means that the Habs were the only team in these playoffs to win a series in 4 games.

Which, I think we can all agree, is just as good as winning the Stanley Cup, right?

Right?

:mellow:

No.

But some of that confidence likely helped upset cup favourite in 2nd round even after losing game 5, when down for the count and most fans bailing off bandwagon!

So you could maybe say fact of sweep, is a baby step towards a "mature' team that Bergevin is preaching about.

• Upvote 1

The Rangers gave them a pretty good run but Los Angeles was clearly the better team. Now we'll likely see a small flurry of announcements in the coming days (some re-signings, coaching decisions, etc). It'll be time to get the offseason thread going.

The Kings are a great example of a team built for the playoffs rather than the regular season. They've got a number of players who maybe can't be relied upon the deliver in a big way over 82 games, but who have the savvy and talent to crank it up over four hard-fought series. (Remember when people around here wanted no part of Jeff Carter? :ph34r: ) They also seem representative of a quiet shift in hockey culture over the last few seasons - a culture of coming back from deficits (whether within games, or within playoff series) that seemed insurmountable to earlier generations. How many times this playoff did we see come-from-behind wins in the playoffs? And we've had two teams come back from 0-3 playoff deficits in the past few years. Something's afoot, I tells ya.

Just glad its over, couldn't be bothered to watch any games as could really care less who won after Habs departure, again I say Summer hockey is just not right.

Come on draft and free agency.

Go Spurs Go!

Just glad its over, couldn't be bothered to watch any games as could really care less who won after Habs departure, again I say Summer hockey is just not right.

Come on draft and free agency.

Go Spurs Go!

I would gladly watch hockey year round if I could.