Oct. 1 Canadiens @ Chicago 8:30PM EST

Why not take 82 games for 5th dman and 82 games for 6th dman for a total of 164 games and split it in 3 with Weaver, Tinordi and Beaulieu ? That is 54,666 games each... No ?

Do we really want Beaulieu or Tinordi playing on their off-side when Weaver sits?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really want Beaulieu or Tinordi playing on their off-side when Weaver sits?

Against bottom feeders, I wouldn't really mind. Another option would be to play Markov off-side for a few games...

..or sit markov against them?

Why not ? If Therrien believes that his team can win it without Markov and he accepts to be benched... If Markov can rest a few games this season while being healthy, I wouldn't cry over it...

But Markov dosent seem to realize he should rest more. He hasn't been hurt for over 2 years, just played more minutes than the year before and he still put up good offense come playoff time (but his d was bit shaky at times).

But I agree, if Bergevin sent him on vacation for couple weeks prior to playoffs I would be pleased.

But Markov dosent seem to realize he should rest more. He hasn't been hurt for over 2 years, just played more minutes than the year before and he still put up good offense come playoff time (but his d was bit shaky at times).

But I agree, if Bergevin sent him on vacation for couple weeks prior to playoffs I would be pleased.

I'm talking more about a few games against, let's say, the Leafs, Buffalo, Calgary, Florida, etc.

Guys just don't like being a healthy scratch and until are a lock for playoffs I wouldn't be resting players (of course other than Price), unless he is a 40+old vet.